Technical Electronics Advisor at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will be providing technical advice on the full life cycle of current and future deployable equipment for Defence Equipment Management Organisation (DEMO) with New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). This role requires an in depth knowledge of a wide range of Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Night Observation (STANO) equipment; including night vision systems, thermal imaging systems, global positioning and inertial navigation systems, as well as electronic control systems and RADAR.
A typical day may include:
- Leading, developing and coordinating the delivery of technical plans, user requirements, testing, evaluation, reporting, data and documentation;
- Providing effective technical advice, answers and presentations to Fleet users and stakeholders;
- Investigating and solving problems and troubleshooting faults, and coordinating disposal of equipment;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders;
- Contributing to Fleet and wider DEMO projects as required; and
- Attending equipment trials and evaluations.
Please note: This is a 3 year fixed-term agreement.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be a great communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders. You will be motivated to seek out any information not provided, have great problem solving skills with a knack for thinking outside of the box, and clearly articulate technical information as required.
Ideally, you will also have:
- 3 to 5 years' experience within NZDF as a qualified Electronic Technician, or experience in Electronic engineering or a similar field with a minimum of Level 4 National Certificate;
- Previous exposure to military terminology and/or logistics;
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all work;
- An understanding of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and asset management; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and SAP.
Please note: The successful applicant must have a clean, full NZ Driver's license, with the ability to travel within NZ at short notice, and potential overseas trips as required.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Defence Equipment Management Organisation (DEMO) is responsible for providing proactive, responsive and effective strategic in-service equipment fleet management and full life-cycle integrated logistic support (ILS) advice to support delivery of the NZDF's outputs. Our focus is on equipment and related commodities and consumables, and ensuring they are available at the right time and standard to enable the Army, Air Force and Navy to achieve the right effect.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We are a great bunch of people who manage equipment that is critical to New Zealand's defence. We are committed to building a DEMO culture where we strive to be better every day, inspire others to succeed and are proud of the work we do for New Zealand. Our Recognition and Rewards programme creates an environment where employees feel valued, appreciated and inspired to do their best. We have a leadership team committed to the development of our people and you will find that learning opportunities abound at DEMO.
Along with the opportunity to do meaningful work, our people enjoy generous employment conditions including the opportunity for flexible work arrangements, 25 days of annual leave and Member Insurance Benefit Programme (MIBP) which includes life and terminal illness benefits. Combined with a calendar of cultural events, DEMO offers a great work environment where you can realise your full potential.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Wednesday 7 June 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.