Coordinator NZDF Psychology at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You will provide coordination and administrative support to the Directorate of Psychology for Army, Navy and Airforce personnel located in the Wellington Region.
Along with being the first point of contact for any coordination requests and queries from our internal/external stakeholders, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responding to straightforward correspondence or drafting replies for the Senior Psychologist and Psychology staff;
- Data entry and database management;
- Overseeing and coordinating workflow for up to 5 Psychology staff;
- Writing and finalising minutes;
- Booking of psychometric testing and trained psychologists for NZDF recruitment and career management;
- Liaising with military personnel to gain signoff for material;
- Modifying and improving office processes to improve work flows and functionality;
- Managing the process and conducting psychometric testing for NZDF officer selection boards;
- Regular engagement with key stakeholders/customers/command; and
- Fostering and building relationships within the Directorate of Psychology and wider NZDF contacts.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be a confident communicator and have the ability to liaise and build relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders/customers. You'll do this to ensure timely service to all of our customers. Planning, organisation and administration skills are key to this role.
- A strong people and customer focus;
- The ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of people, from military to civilian;
- A can-do, problem solving attitude with a willingness to learn;
- Planning and organisational skills;
- The ability to balance a high and varied workload;
- Proficient use of MS Office suite particularly Outlook and Access (would be advantageous);
- Familiarity with SAP system (desired but not essential);
- Quick learning of computer applications; and
- The ability to work as part of a wider team as well as autonomously.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Directorate of Psychology is responsible for providing specialist services in the field of organisational and military psychology in the areas of selection and assessment, individual readiness, organisational development and training development to uniformed members of the New Zealand Defence Force.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 11 June 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.