Business Analyst at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Business Analyst contributes to the Office of Strategy Management's (OSM) ability to provide timely and relevant information for decision-making support through the provision of specialist advice to enable military air operations.
The Business Analyst is responsible for providing insights into the workforce management, sustainment and training systems assisting with Air Force performance measurement, organisational assessment and evaluation. The Business Analyst also provides advice and recommendations for system improvement to senior Air Force leadership, supporting change initiatives that OSM have been directed to deliver.
Key responsibilities will see you:
- Liaise and foster relationships with internal/external stakeholders to ensure correct information to drive analysis.
- Design, build and maintain analytic tools and products while actively monitoring datasets and undertaking trend analysis on key metrics.
- Lead and assist with automation of analytical products across Air portfolio.
- Drive best practice and analytical approach across the organisation.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for reporting practices and measures.
- Provide reporting and analytics for a number of projects as requested.
- Continuously improve processes.
- Provide sound advice to the management team.
- Support the development of papers for, and the conduct of, Air Force Governance Boards.
- Identify and advise staff on how to best structure and represent analytical data for use.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key NZDF data holders.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience as a business analyst or similar role. You will be an exceptional communicator, with experience in facilitating workshops and working with stakeholders to clarify scope, requirements and implementation timeframes.
Your ability to develop analytical findings into meaningful presentations that support sound, evidence based, stakeholder decision-making will ensure your success in the role.
Additionally you will demonstrate:
- Experience in performance analytics of a large and complex environment/organisation.
- Experience in managing large datasets.
- Well-developed knowledge and experience of process development.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills and familiarity with a variety of tools and techniques.
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills, particularly at senior levels within an organisation.
- The ability to think strategically and end-to-end, whilst demonstrating a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritise and manage a high number of concurrent activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, to an advanced level with MS Excel.
- Understanding of the Privacy Act and implications when dealing with personal information (advantageous).
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies (desired).
- Experience working in the Public Sector or knowledge of machinery of government (advantageous).
Mō mātou | About Us
The OSM is responsible for the integration and co-ordination of activities across functions and business units to align the medium and long-term strategies with operations, both within the RNZAF and with the wider NZDF. OSM is responsible for the development of the overall strategy, planning, coordination, assessment, and execution and reporting of achievement for the RNZAF, including evaluation and strategic risk management.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well-trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Thursday 5 October 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.