Project Support Analyst at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Provide programme and project management support, coaching and mentoring to the Programme and Project Managers within the Capability Branch. You will be a subject matter expert (SME) of the Capability Management Framework and focus on the risk and assurance aspect as part of an SME team.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing specialist risk management support to project teams and conducting training on Risk methodologies.
- Establishing and managing important relationships across the Capability Management System (both NZDF and Ministry of Defence).
- Working closely and proactively with key personnel to ensure a collaborative and integrated approach to programme and project management support across the Capability Management System.
Please Note: The formal title for this role within NZDF is Project Support Analyst - Risk and Assurance.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will be a self-starter and have the ability to apply your technical programme and project expertise across a variety of programmes and projects within a diverse, complex organisation. This role requires well developed written and verbal communication skills in order to make the technical information accessible to the relevant audience.
Ideally you will also have:
- Proven programme and/or project experience within a large, multifaceted organisation.
- Demonstrable experience in managing risk at a programme, project and/or portfolio level.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships both internally and externally with a wider range of stakeholders.
- Analytical thinking and effective decision making skills, with the ability to operate at a strategic level.
- Previous experience as a facilitator.
- A desire to learn, develop and grow in the role.
Mō mātou | About Us
The purpose of the Capability Branch is to provide efficient and effective management of NZDF capability development and delivery as well as provide capability management oversight. All of these contribute significantly to the total NZDF capability lifecycle. The Capability Branch provides a single point of accountability for these elements and delivers outputs that enable the delivery of joint effects. The Capability Branch fosters contemporary military specialist knowledge and future thinking, operates using project and financial management disciplines and provides programme and project quality assurance oversight.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Thursday 28 September 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.