Programme Analyst at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Maintain programme financial ‘best practice' for Estate Delivery across a broad and complex portfolio of programmes with Defence Estate and Infrastructure. You will act as a financial advisor to facilitate effective and consistent project and programme delivery in accordance with policies for Budgeting, Project Control and Financial Management.
A typical day could include:
- Managing the delivery of data output from stakeholders and ensuring all are in line with programme objectives.
- Reporting, advising and communicating technical financial information effectively to relevant stakeholders.
- Providing training on financial processes particular to Defence Estate Delivery in line with NZDF policies.
- Supporting the Programme Directors to facilitate complex problem solving and decision making across leadership and stakeholder groups.
- Fostering continuous improvement of programme financial processes to assist in the delivery of outputs across all assigned responsibilities.
This role is supporting multiple programmes and will contribute directly to the success of estate regeneration across the NZ Defence Force camps and bases.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You will have a strong financial background, with previous experience managing data within programme or project environments. You will be able to analyse complex data and tailor your communication style to suit your target audience and ensure understanding.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Proven experience managing and analysing data in a large multi-faceted or complex business environment.
- Experience at developing and maintaining successful and productive relationships across a wide range of stakeholders.
- An ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and successfully prioritise workloads, while also remaining flexible to changing priorities.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, along with experience identifying and successfully resolving complex issues and problems.
- Strong technical abilities, including at least an intermediate level knowledge of Excel, and preferably SAP.
Mō mātou | About Us
Defence Estate and Infrastructure (DEI) are critical enablers for the delivery of NZDF military capabilities and the support it provides to other government agencies and the community.
The current Estate is a complex network of approximately 81,000 hectares and 5000 buildings spread across nine camps and bases, two large land training areas and various regional locations.
The Estate Delivery unit is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of estate, property and related infrastructure for the NZDF and wider NZ community and is responsible for making decisions and executing delivery of approximately $150M OPEX and $200M CAPEX per annum.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well-trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 2 October 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.