Senior Digital Forensics Incident Response Analyst at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join our team as a senior incident responder. The Defence Cyber Security Centre (DCSC) defends and protects the Defence Information Environment against cyber security threats. The role is based in Wellington and operates within a Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC).
Focused on external and internal threats originating from multiple sources, this role will see you conducting real time analysis and response to escalated security events and alerts. This will involve preparation, detection & analysis, containment, eradication & recovery and post-incident activities.
As a senior analyst, your leadership abilities will see you mentoring team members and share your expertise as well as assuming leadership responsibilities when required.
Once you have undergone training and are up to speed, there is a requirement to go on an on-call roster for which you will be compensated for.
Due to the nature of this role, along with systems access, there are limited options to work remotely.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
We want to hear from you if you have a background in information security with an understanding of the tools, techniques and procedures cyber adversaries use to exploit their victims and have a strong desire to solve problems and get results, assess a critical situation and determine or recommend the next steps. You will be capable of applying your communication and technical skills to identify, analyse, prioritise and remediate cyber incidents.
Your background will clearly demonstrate:
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical experience in Cyber Security with a focus on incident response and forensics (Advanced Threat Detection Tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, Endpoint Protection).
- Exceptional knowledge of network protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, Databases).
- High level of investigation and research skills.
- Practical experience in a Security Operations Centre (SOC) environment.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to accurately document technical problems in a clear and concise way to a non-technical audience.
- Technical competency across IT infrastructure, networking, IT security and associated risks.
- Experience in incident response, incident handling and digital forensics.
- Knowledge of the NZ Government requirements for security including the NZISM, Protective Security Requirements and GCIO requirements.
- Industry qualifications or related education are an advantage, but not essential.
In addition, you are passionate about cyber security and take pride in contributing to a diverse team of cyber security professionals, whose performance is critical to the success of the NZDF.
Please review the requirements of obtaining a Top Secret Special security clearance to ensure you meet them before applying.
Mō mātou | About Us
NZDF Defence Digital Group uses a range of satellite and terrestrial systems to support more than 14,000 personnel, many of whom are operating in geographically remote or hostile environments. Our purpose is to provide specialist ICT support to core mission and intelligence, as well as supporting essential corporate functions such as Logistics, Human Resources and Finance. Most importantly, we support our colleagues in the Navy, Army, Airforce and Joint Forces who rely on us to enable the information services needed on military platforms e.g. bases, ships, vehicles or aircraft. Our operating environment includes several separate information domains, and we also contribute to the protection of New Zealanders from cyber threats.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Full time ongoing work.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 26 February 2024.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- You must have been an NZ Citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for 10 years.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have 15 years of verifiable background history in countries where a meaningful background check can be undertaken and assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|NZ Defence Force
|Wellington - Wairarapa
|Ongoing - Full Time
|IT & computing
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.