Ground Support Equipment Manager at NZ Defence Force, Nelson - Marlborough
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This role will see you manage the day-to-day operational requirements of the Ground Support Equipment Maintenance Section. You will oversee the maintenance of mainly interfacing Ground Support Equipment, specialist, operational and emergency vehicles, as well as fuel facilities and equipment.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Managing workflow, resources and requirements for workshop tasks.
- Organising and prioritising maintenance tasks on all ground support equipment.
- Engaging regularly with key stakeholders.
- Ensuring technicians adhere to correct H&S standards, technical practices and procedures.
- Providing technical supervision and oversight.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
Along with significant experience in workshop management, you will have the following:
- Considerable experience in vehicle and GSE equipment maintenance.
- Effective communication and relationship management skills.
- Management/leadership experience: performance monitoring, reporting and coaching.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder requirements within a complex environment.
- Experience with maintenance of critical operational equipment (aviation and fuel preferable).
- Experience working in hazardous environments and dangerous materials and managing those risks.
- National Certificate in Automotive Engineering (Light or Heavy) or equivalent.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Materiel Support Wing provides management and planning for all ILM and DLM maintenance activity for aircraft fleets and major components; repairable aeronautical item management; procurement of aeronautical equipment and services; tactical level logistics support to deployed Air units; inventory management and the movement of freight. In addition we provide logistics support to Base Commander Woodbourne including: technical and spares support to Airbus; storage, distribution and accounting of equipment and spares, maintenance and repair of ground support equipment including vehicles; and passenger and freight loading.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000 and income protection cover.
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Opportunities to upskill.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 26 February 2024.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|NZ Defence Force
|Nelson - Marlborough
|Ongoing - Full Time
|Transport & Logistics
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.