Ground Support Equipment Technician - Fuel Maintenance at NZ Defence Force, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
You'll be the subject matter expert responsible for meeting RNZAF requirements to train personnel in the testing and maintenance of fixed and mobile aviation fuel delivery systems. This is completed in accordance with the Air BP Quality Assurance system. Assessed and authorised by Air BP, you will utilise your detailed knowledge of fuel delivery systems and performance testing to provide staff with guidance, training, and supervision.
You will supervise and be responsible for training delivery carried out on ‘in service' equipment. This includes instructional responsibilities for the bay managers on their periodic rotation through the fuel maintenance section. You'll also carry out maintenance activity supervision in the absence of the bay manager.
What we need
We are seeking a person who has experience of working with Aviation Fuel Equipment or equivalent, maintenance of critical operational equipment (aviation preferable) and experience supervising or overseeing junior tradesmen. You will have a strong background in automotive maintenance and current experience and knowledge of a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) with a good level of computer literacy.
Specific skills we are seeking are:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Air BP Quality Assurance system, and Air BP technical manuals including navigation of Air BP ‘Technical Cloud';
- Broad knowledge of Air BP Regulations;
- Expert knowledge of aviation refuelling systems including pumps, filters, hoses and meters;
- Ability to carry out Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of aviation fuel delivery systems;
- Proficient understanding of the principles of fuel quality control;
- Knowledge of the HSNO requirements related to working with a hazardous substance;
- Expert knowledge of the operation and maintenance of diesel engines and heavy vehicle chassis, drive-train, suspension and ancillary equipment;
- Knowledge of hydraulic operating systems;
- Expert knowledge of mechanical systems and process;
- Relevant understanding of LTNZ Regulations;
- Relevant understanding of HSNO for Tank Wagons;
- In terms of qualification, you will have a FULL Class 1 New Zealand driver's licence.
Who we are
The Maintenance Support Squadron at RNZAF Base Auckland is part of the Air Force Maintenance Wing and is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of airworthiness products and services to RNZAF Operational Units. To achieve that the Squadron is divided into specialist work units namely an Armament Flight, Component Maintenance Flight, Aeronautical Engineering support Flight, Technical Support Ground Support Equipment, Ground Support Equipment Maintenance Flight and Safety and Surface Flight along with Headquarters command element.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to apply online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page. For further information, contact Bud Burn on (09) 417 7000 ext 7254.
Please note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Wednesday 27 January 2021.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.