Aircraft Structural Integrity Engineer at NZ Defence Force, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
You will be responsible for developing, implementing, promulgating and maintaining Aircraft Structural Integrity Programmes (ASIPs) for specific NZDF aircraft fleets. The Aircraft Structural Integrity Engineer also provides Aircraft Structural Integrity related advice and recommendations to the wider Royal New Zealand Air Force.
What We Need
You will have proven experience in Aeronautical Engineering/ Aviation and hold a Tertiary qualification in Engineering which is relevant to this role (Aeronautical/Mechanical).
Alongside this you'll be able to:
- Effectively research and analyse complex, technical information;
- Develop solutions to technical problems;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships;
- Communicate confidently and clearly;
- Have a keen eye for detail and enjoy reading the fine print.
Who We Are
The purpose of the Structural Integrity team is to ensure NZDF aircraft remain structurally airworthy throughout their service life. This involves creation, dissemination and management of a programme that ensures operations can be conducted safely whilst minimising life cycle costs and maintaining aircraft availability. Additionally, the Structural Integrity team provide Subject Matter Expertise in the fields of aircraft structures, aeronautical materials science, fatigue, corrosion, Aircraft Structural Integrity Management and various other structural technologies.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to apply online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page. For further information, contact Matt Laughlin on (06) 351 5510.
Please Note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 14 March 2021.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.