Internal Auditor at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
What you will do
You will assist with the delivery of the internal audit work plan as a key member of the internal auditing team. You will aid the delivery of high quality, insightful and value added audit products across the NZ Defence Force to improve business performance and manage risk.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the planning, execution and delivery of individual internal audit engagements;
- Supporting the development and delivery of best practice internal audit methodologies, tools and techniques;
- Assisting with the coaching of the Internal Audit graduates; and
- Learning about the NZDF Internal Audit function, how it operates, how the audit plan is generated and prioritised.
What we need
To be successful, you will be an experienced Assurance specialist with an inquisitive mind and exceptional verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey messages and insights.
You will also have:
- 2+ years' experience supporting internal audit engagements in large and complex internal audit functions;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- The ability to contribute to a team focused environment;
- An understanding of the Institute of Internal Auditors International Professional Practices Framework, risk based audit methodology and professional ethical principles; and
- An interest, awareness and understanding of global and contemporary models of internal audit.
Who we are
The NZDF Internal Audit function provides the Chief of Defence Force, and the Risk and Assurance Committee, with an objective assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of processes and procedures employed by management to both identify, and manage risk. The function operates as the Third Line of Assurance within the NZDF Risk Management Framework and, in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, provides independent and objective assurance to the Chief of Defence Force and executive management.
The vision of the function is to provide meaningful and insightful assurance services for the NZDF, looking beyond compliance, being a valued partner for continuous improvement and the management of risk. This vision emphasises assisting the organisation to improve its overall business performance.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Mel Chase on 021 903 601.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 30 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.