Customer Support Agent at NZ Defence Force, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Every day is different in this dynamic customer support role, within the Linton team. You will be liaising and assisting across different units and levels of the organisation; effectively and efficiently multi-tasking to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
You will provide a range of administration services, including:
- Frontline customer service for queries in regards to services;
- Workflow coordination and distribution;
- Action bookings/requests and processing through online systems; and
- Administration support to the Service Centre functions.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
We are looking for an experienced customer service professional with a positive attitude and willingness to play their part.
You will also have:
- Experience with Xero or similar system;
- Proven interpersonal skills, with an ability to tailor communication as required;
- A full, clean drivers' licence;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills;
- An ability to self-manage and deliver work remotely; and
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Outlook, Word & Excel.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Defence Shared Services Group (DSSG) is responsible for the effective provision and efficient delivery of shared services to the whole of NZDF. Our vision and mission is to support strategic outcomes whilst achieving world class shared service excellence. This will be achieved through a forward thinking approach, continuous improvement, flexibility, collaboration and team work.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Troy Homes on 021 0205 5905.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Sunday 29 May 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.