Accounts Payable Team Leader at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As the Accounts Payable Team Leader you'll be responsible for the coordination of the provision of accurate, timely and effective Accounts Payable processing on behalf of NZDF. You'll also focus on the development and supervision of a skilled, motivated and enthusiastic team to ensure delivery of an effective customer focused service.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
We're looking for a skilled people leader with robust experience as an Accounts Payable professional that has demonstrable abilities in delivering a quality and timely accounts payable service. You'll be well-versed with Public Sector financial management and have in-depth experience with accounts payable systems and processes.
Key skills and experience we're looking for include:
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Exceptional people management and team development skills;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Demonstrable experience building and maintaining working relationships; and
- Customer and service delivery focussed.
Mō mātou | About Us
The purpose of the CFO Portfolio is to assist the Governments and NZDF utilise resources to deliver an optimised military effect through the provision of strategic financial management services enabling integrated capability decisions. NZDF Finance indirectly supports the Output Plan by providing financial services to support decisions, through the provision of specialist financial support to our business customers. Our people also contribute thoughts, ideas and observations from a multi-disciplined perspective to all levels of the NZDF to help with the formation and implementation of strategy.
The Business Services Group within the CFO Portfolio is responsible for the effective management of corporate purchasing, accounts payable and Treasury payment functions (PTP) as well as transactional accounting and compliance (including fixed assets, payroll accounting, accounts receivable, balance sheet reconciliations and tax compliance activities.)
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Wednesday 29 June 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.