Manager Defence HR Advisory Services at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Manager Defence HR Advisory Services is a senior HR leader and key member of the leadership team that supports the Director of HR Service Delivery, in the delivery of HR advisory services across the various NZDF regions in Wellington, Auckland, Manawatu and the Southland.
You'll lead the development of regional strategies and support the regionally based HR Managers (HRMs) with the development of locally focused site plans to ensure the delivery of targeted operational HR activity.
You'll also contribute to wider HR projects and initiatives taking a collaborative approach to working with the wider HR leadership functions.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to provide leadership, guidance and support within a Defence environment with both Military (uniformed) and Civilian (non-uniformed) personnel.
Some of key areas of focus in this role will be:
- Working closely with HRMs and their teams in the seamless delivery of quality and timely HR advisory services to people leaders;
- Coaching and building the capability of the HR Advisory team; and
- Supporting the resolution of complex HR matters that have escalated from the regions.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You'll bring in-depth knowledge of complex HR operating environments, systems and process, with experience in a generalist senior advisory role.
Key skills and experience we're looking for include:
- Demonstrable people leadership with an inclusive, collaborative and supportive approach;
- Proven relationship management skills with the ability to build trust and credibility;
- A sound understanding of current NZ employment law and HR practices;
- Experience successfully leading and delivering an HR advisory service function with a customer focus; and
- Can adapt with ease to changing priorities and multiple stakeholder expectations.
Please note: You will be required to travel regularly to various NZDF camps and bases within NZ.
Mō mātou | About Us
HR Service Delivery is part of the Chief People Officer (CPO) portfolio of Headquarters, New Zealand Defence Force. The unit sits within the Defence Human Resources team, and is focused on the delivery of strategic, high quality, timely, accurate HR management support and advisory services. It is responsible for the development and implementation of local HR strategies and initiatives as well as advising NZDF commanders and managers, enabling them to lead their people effectively.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Emma Wade on 021 193 3348.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Thursday 30 June 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.