Business Analysts at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As the Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the development, analysis and management of assigned capability project requirements, and provide support towards validating that they have been met. This will include a variety of projects of all sizes and complexities that will be assigned based on organisational priorities and the individual's skills, experience and preferences.
We are inviting applications from both junior and senior analysts as we have a number of vacancies within the Capability Branch.
You will be joining a team who encourage and support each other and where professional development is actively encouraged and undertaken.
Please Note: The formal title for this role within NZDF is Senior/Requirements Lead.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
These roles have a strong collaboration focus therefore strong and confident interpersonal skills are essential. You will be reconciling and understanding lots of different perspectives, deconflicting opposing views and gaining consensus. The senior roles do have direct reports so good leadership skills are needed.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with stakeholders to understand their needs, expectations and preferences;
- Developing requirements documents that clearly articulate a project's scope;
- Maintaining configuration and change control of project requirements;
- Providing direction, support and advice to project team members; and
- Acting as an advocate for the Defence Requirements Framework and supporting its continuous improvement.
In terms of qualifications a tertiary qualification in business administration, Systems Engineering or other analytical discipline (or equivalent experience) is essential.
Please note: Remuneration offered will be commensurate to skills and experience.
Mō mātou | About Us
The purpose of the Capability Branch is to provide efficient and effective management of New Zealand Defence Force capability development and delivery as well as provide capability management oversight. All of these contribute significantly to the total New Zealand Defence Force capability lifecycle. The Capability Branch provides a single point of accountability for these elements and delivers outputs that enable the delivery of joint effects. The Capability Branch fosters contemporary military specialist knowledge and future thinking, operates using project and financial management disciplines and provides programme and project quality assurance oversight.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is r goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Tuesday 5 July 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.