SAP User Support Specialist at NZ Defence Force, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
You'll be working within a help desk environment providing SAP support to NZDF staff.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
Along with a strong customer focus and ability to deliver solutions to our customers in a way that enhances their experience and positively contributes to the organisation, you will also have:
- Effective communication skills and ability to liaise with a wide range of people;
- Exceptional time management and prioritisation skills to manage busy, high volume workflow;
- Highly motivated and positive team player;
- General SAP knowledge and experience; and
- Ideally you will have used SAP Inventory Management and/or Financial Accounting modules, however, training will be provided on the job.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Directorate of Supply Chain Management (DSCM) is responsible for the development and execution of strategies that improve the end-end Supply Chain and procurement performance.
Within DSCM, the SAP User Support Group is responsible for controlling, managing and supporting the SAP application to ensure effective service outcomes and logistics support.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities;
- Positive culture, great team vibe;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Kristy Hunt on 027 257 2087.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Wednesday 6 July 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.