Security Officer at NZ Defence Force, Nelson - Marlborough
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The New Zealand Defence Force is looking for a Security Officer to join the team at RNZAF Base Woodbourne. Someone with the relevant frontline experience to work in an environment that requires the highest level of professionalism and awareness.
You'll provide general protective security services at RNZAF Base Woodbourne, including:
- Multiple entry point control and processing visitors onto camp;
- Monitoring electronic surveillance equipment;
- Carrying our foot and vehicle patrols of the base;
- The issuance and management of Base keys; and
- Assistance with emergency response as required.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
Along with an understanding of operational security functions, you will also have the following:
- Excellent level of frontline customer service related experience;
- Highly effective communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise status reports;
- Sound judgement with the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure;
- Able to act with fairness, integrity and respect at all times;
- Strong observation skills and ability to carry out the full functions of the role;
- A current full Class 1 Drivers Licence; and
- Comfortable using computers, familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite.
If you enjoy working as part of a small team and can comfortably work a 12 hour shift roster, then this could be the role for you!
Mō mātou | About Us
The Directorate of Defence Security comprises 8 functional business units; counter intelligence, security compliance (including Defence Industry), security risk and assurance, security vetting and screening, security policy, security services, security education and training and the Security Guard Force. Each functional unit contributes a vital role to strengthen the NZDF's ability to secure its information, people, assets and reputation.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience including an additional loading payment for undertaking rostered work, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- 25% loading payment on top of your annual salary in recognition of shift work
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Del Logan on 021 125 9923.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Thursday 7 July 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Location:||Nelson - Marlborough|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.