Customer Support Agent at NZ Defence Force, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This is a just snippet of what a typical day looks like for our amazing Customer Support Agents:
- Front of house reception and administration;
- Tenancy management;
- Booking travel and service accommodation;
- Organising I.D.'s and site passes;
- Accounts payable/receivable;
- NZDF medal management; and
- Responding to email queries and supporting walk-in customers.
Please note: This is a fixed term opportunity ending 30 April 2023.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
This is a busy role and it goes without saying there is a lot to learn. However, you'll already be an expert multitasker and someone who embraces change as an opportunity to grow. You will be supported by an inclusive Team Leader and be part of a team who are passionate about the work they do, and very proud of the service they provide.
It's important in this role to bring a real sense of value to the relationships you build and the networks you create. You'll have an eye for continuous improvement and be comfortable in tabling ideas for discussion.
Confident interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills are an essential; you will be dealing with a diverse range of people, ranging from your co-workers to senior members of NZDF.
What are we looking for? Life skills, technical savviness, initiative, commitment, self-awareness and someone who understands the true meaning of service delivery and team work.
Ideally you can bring a strong foundation in customer service and top administration skills to this role; the type that has seen you able to use your initiative to provide solutions to internal customers.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Defence Shared Services Group is responsible for the effective provision and efficient delivery of shared services activities to the whole of NZDF. Our vision and mission is to support NZDF strategic outcomes whilst achieving world class shared service excellence. This will be achieved through a forward thinking approach, continuous improvement, flexibility, collaboration and teamwork.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities.
- Opportunities for career development.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 15 August 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Defence Force|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.