Early Childhood Team Leader at Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec), Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Extended pay parity leadership step
About Te Whare Ako
Te Whare Ako Childcare centre based at our WelTec campus in Petone is here to support children of students, staff nd our local community.
The centre has strong whānau values and beliefs that promote tuakana teina and whanaungatanga. We reflect our local community, our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi, Te Whāriki, and the vision of learn, laugh and play.
About the role - Te kaupapa
We have an opportunity for a team leader to join the whānau at Te Whare Ako.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, supportive leader to lead, guide and mentor our Early Childhood teachers and support staff caring for our tamariki at Te Whare Ako. As the Team Leader your day-to-day practice will be well supported with effective interpersonal skills and the ability to bring out the best in others.
You will have excellent organisational skills, be passionate about providing high quality early childhood education and care. A natural leader who role models respectful practices within our unique community and most importantly you will enjoy learning, laughing and playing alongside our tamariki.
The successful candidate will have:
- a current Practicing Certificate from the Teaching Council with a minimum of five years teaching experience (experience in a team leader role would be an advantage)
- a strong knowledge of current ECE practices, curriculum, and ministry regulations
- good communication skills, both verbally and written
- experience and confidence in programme planning, internal evaluation and strategic teaching and learning
- a leader who serves others; has strengths in mentoring and collectively working alongside tamariki, colleagues, whānau and community to foster pathways for future generations
- courageous, strong and resilient to change, can overcome challenges and able to lead others by remaining positive and future focused
- a leader who is culturally responsive in ensuring tamariki and whānau are provided with equitable opportunities to learn.
What we offer:
- A range of staff benefits and initiatives across our Institutes including ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous annual, professional development leave and non-contact time
- Ongoing support with assessment/internal evaluation/ professional growth cycle and educative mentoring
- We are involved in Enviroschools, Incredible Years, Healthy Heart and are part of a deepening cultural journey to strengthen te ao Māori across the Centre
How to apply - Me pēhea te tono
Click on the 'apply now' and complete the on-line application form. Please note it is important that you complete all sections of the on-line application.
For other information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday, 12 June 2023.
However, as we do not always work to fixed closing dates, we encourage you to apply early as we may consider applications as we receive them.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec)|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.