RMO Recruitment Advisor at Hawkes Bay District Health Board, Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many
Fixed-term, Maternity Cover- March 2023
80 hours per fortnight (1.0FTE)
- Top opportunity in a sector that makes a difference to the well-being of people
- Apply your medical administration knowledge to the people stuff!
The Hawke's Bay District Health Board is the largest employer in the region, with over 3,600 staff in 500 different roles. The region's wonderful weather, amazing coastline, great wine and food scene and cultural/sporting events calendar all make it a great place to live and work
This role is a specialist administrative and recruitment role, focusing on the recruitment of trainee interns, house surgeons, senior house officers and registrars (known as Resident Medical Officers - RMO's). No two days are the same. The successful candidate will need to be able to hit the ground running, and be confident in their administrative abilities.
Reporting to the RMO Unit Manager and working closely with the Recruitment team, your responsibilities will include the following:
- RMO recruitment support including Medical Council NZ registrations, RMO credentialing, relocation, accommodation, transport and invoicing
- Support on-boarding for new RMO staff
- RMO locum support including order placement, invoicing and liaison with agencies and hiring managers
- Immigration documentation and support for new candidates
- Providing a high standard of customer service and candidate care
- Provide strong partnerships with key stakeholders and services across the organisation
- Actively support our commitment to increasing the number of Maori we hire and Values-based recruitment
- Coordinate the 2022/23 annual orientation of new graduates
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following skills and personal attributes:
- Knowledge of health sector personnel processes an advantage (e.g. rostering, qualifications management, MECA administration, recruitment etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of high-level clerical and administration principles
- Can be relied upon to effectively manage highly confidential issues
- Demonstrates superior planning, process management and organisational skills, which show attention to detail and innovative thinking
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build effective and positive relationships
- Process driven, ability to develop and apply new systems and process in order to maximise efficiencies
- Ability to apply continuous quality improvement
This a role where you can make a difference in your community - helping recruit great doctors who deliver great patient care. Come join our team!
Interested? To view position profile, click here and if you've got what it takes then apply now!
The Hawke's Bay DHB in general encourages a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we will support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us. We are committed to delivering and living our DHB values of He kauanuanu - Respect, Ākina - Improvement, Rāranga te tira - Teamwork and Tauwhiro - Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values. We are proud of our team's diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
As per COVID-19 Public Health Response Amendment Act (No 2) 2021, Hawkes Bay DHB requires ALL its employees to be both fully vaccinated against COVID-19 which now includes boosters.For full details of eligibility or when please click here
Failure to meet these requirements will result in your application being rejected.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hawkes Bay District Health Board|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.