Solicitor L2 at Inland Revenue Te Tari Taake, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Is it time to progress your career? Come and build your future with the Inland Revenue Legal Services team. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills in legal advice and/or litigation and to build networks across Inland Revenue.
- A permanent role where your contribution will be valued and recognised
- Successful applicants can be based in any Legal Services site around New Zealand
- This is a great opportunity to be part of a high performing team that works collaboratively across Inland Revenue to support a diverse range of internal customers
We're offering competitive salaries, great flexibility, support and development opportunities unique to you and your aspirations so that you can bring your whole self to work and thrive with us.
Mō mātou - About us
Legal Services is one of the largest government in-house legal teams. The team provides advice, support, dispute resolution, civil litigation, prosecution and tax technical services for a broad range of customers across Inland Revenue. As a Solicitor you would primarily work in the Advice and/or Litigation work streams.
Ngā Tauwāhi Wātea - Available locations
Successful applicants can be based in any Legal Services site - Takapuna, Manukau, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch or Dunedin.
Mō te tūnga - About the role
You may work on litigation matters, which includes appearing in court on civil, criminal or debt matters. Alternatively, you could undertake tax technical work, provide advice in relation to investigations and disputes, or prepare published statements containing guidance for taxpayers. A combination of litigation and non-litigation work may also be possible.
Other key features of the role include:
- being part of project teams involved in implementing new legislation
- working both proactively and reactively to help customers to get it right from the start
- being part of a solutions-focussed team that is recognised for providing high levels of customer service
- contributing to the initiatives of the wider Legal Services team.
The salary range for the role is $108,289 - $145,097 based on a standard 37-hour 55-minute work week. The salary offered will be based on skills and experience assessed during the interview stage. We also have a Flexible Working Policy whereby team members accumulate time credit for any overtime worked.
Mōu - About you
We are looking for someone who:
- is qualified to practice law in New Zealand
- has or is eligible to obtain a New Zealand Law Society practising certificate
- has at least three years of experience working on tax technical issues and/or at least three years of experience undertaking litigation work in relation to tax, debt, prosecutions or other complex compliance issues
- can produce legal work that is thorough, accurate and reliable
- can identify effective solutions to complex issues
- can build and maintain effective relationships, has good communication skills and a collaborative work style
- is happy to be part of a team who support and rely on one-another
- is confident and capable at managing their own workload, while also being comfortable seeking guidance and clarification where necessary from senior colleagues
- has a real interest in supervising, mentoring, and coaching less experienced solicitors.
Tono mai - Apply here
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to pursue, please apply online by attaching a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the role requirements outlined here.
If you have any further queries, including a copy of the role description, please email us at IRDCareers@ird.govt.nz and one of the team will get back to you.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 2 October 2023.
At Inland Revenue, we truly embrace diversity and inclusion and promote a flexible and supportive work environment that meets the needs of our people and business. We have trust and integrity, innovate to make a difference and value people.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Te Tari Taake|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.