Information Specialist at Inland Revenue Te Tari Taake, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We are currently seeking an Information Specialist in our Information Governance team. You do not need to have experience working in governance, however if you have an interest in it, we would love to hear from you!
- Permanent role
- Any location in NZ with an Inland Revenue office
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that provides advice to Inland Revenue's Data and Information Governance Authority and Working Groups?
Are you someone who excels at building relationships with people?
Are you passionate about improving customer experience and communicating complex ideas in simple terms?
Do you want to join a small but motivated team who focus on hard work but have fun along the way?
The Enterprise Information and Knowledge group offer a range of data, information and knowledge services and products to support capability maturity uplift within Inland Revenue.The fundamental goal of the group is to provide a coordinated, enterprise-wide approach to the management of IR's data, information, and knowledge resources and practices.
Mana Urungi Pārongo me te Tohatoha - Information Governance and Sharing
Information Governance and Sharing is part of the wider Enterprise Information and Knowledge (EIK) group ensuring Inland Revenue gets maximum value from its data, information and knowledge resources while controlling information-related risks.
Information Governance and Sharing consists of three teams:
- Information Sharing Operations
- Library and Research Services
- Information Governance
This Information Specialist role sits within the Information Governance team. This role is responsible for providing advice and support to our Data and Information Governance Authority and Working Groups, alongside the EIK Leadership team.
Mō te tūnga - About the role
This role is responsible for providing advice and support to our information governance bodies. So what does this actually mean?
- We work closely with the Chairs of our Boards and Working Groups to ensure the agendas reflect the purpose of the governance forum and consider the key organisational topics and decisions to drive the right outcomes
- We provide advice to key stakeholders to ensure the forums are having the right conversations at the right time to make informed decisions
- We liaise with key stakeholders providing material to the governance forums to make sure they are providing the right information, the information meets our quality standards, and it reflects our organisation's strategic direction
- We meet regularly with others from across the business to understand what is coming up and ensure it is reflected in our agenda planning for the meetings
- We attend each meeting to hear the conversations and capture the key decisions and actions in the minutes
- Plus lots more!
Mōu - About you
To do well in the role you will:
- have a passion for customer experience
- promote the use of information knowledge management tools and frameworks to enable collaborative ways of working
- build excellent relationships with our key stakeholders across the business
- articulate complex ideas succinctly both verbally and in a written format
- think strategically and 'join the dots'
- work autonomously and effectively manage and prioritise competing demands
- be self-motivated and proactive
- superb attention to detail
- critically evaluate data, analysis and insights
- commitment to strengthening Māori Crown relationships under Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- having an understanding of governance concepts and practices in large organisations will be an advantage, but not a necessity.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
Tono mai - Apply here
Does this sound like you? Have we piqued your interest? This is your opportunity to innovate and challenge yourself in a world class service organisation!
Please apply online and attach your current CV and cover letter telling us about the experience you'll bring to the role, as well as what motivated you to apply.
We would like to make the application process as inviting as possible. Like you, we pride ourselves on our friendly and informative communications, so do not hesitate to contact us with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Friday, 6 October 2023.
IR is committed to building an inclusive workplace free from inequalities, where all our people are valued, respected and feel supported to reach their full potential.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Te Tari Taake|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.