Case Resolution Officer at Independent Police Conduct Authority, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Case Resolution Officer
- Fixed term opportunity to end of January 2023
- A great opportunity for graduates or people returning to the workforce with a law or similar degree
- Training and coaching provided to support your career development
- A friendly, supportive and inclusive organisational culture
The Independent Police Conduct Authority is an independent body set up by Parliament to respond to complaints against the Police and independently investigate serious incidents involving Police employees.
Due to internal secondments to a significant project, we are looking for a Case Resolution Officer to assist us with our complaint management process on a fixed term basis. On paper, this work involves, assessing, categorising, and resolving complaints. In reality, the work is about assisting people wishing to make a complaint, often those who are very vulnerable, in order to understand their situation and guide them on the next steps. The conversations you'll have will often be challenging so you'll need be resilient. However, no two days will be the same and the work is varied and interesting.
We will provide you with on-the-job training and ongoing coaching to help build your skills, knowledge and experience in assessing and managing complaints, engaging with a diverse range of people and sharpening your written communication skills.
You'll be part of small, friendly organisation which prides itself on working diligently, working with integrity and ensuring that people who come to IPCA for assistance are provided an excellent and fair service.
To be successful in this role you'll need the following:
- excellent writing and analytical skills
- well-developed relationship management skills and an ability to effectively manage difficult and sensitive situations
- cultural awareness and recognition of the Treaty of Waitangi as New Zealand's founding document
- strong EQ and effective strategies to maintain resilience
- attention to detail and strong organisation skills
- have integrity as a core value
Knowledge and experience of Police or similar law enforcement agency functions is desirable.
If you are interested in this position, please go to our website www.ipca.govt.nz where you can download the Position Description and application form.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 12pm on Thursday 7 July 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Independent Police Conduct Authority|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.