Principal Operations Adviser at Independent Police Conduct Authority, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Principal Operations Adviser
- Bring your legal expertise to this impactful role
- Influence policy change
- 12-month fixed term or secondment position
- A friendly, supportive and inclusive organisational culture
The IPCA is an Independent Crown Entity established by the IPCA Act to investigate and resolve complaints against the Police. The IPCA receives and investigates complaints alleging misconduct or neglect of duty by Police employees, or concerning any practice, policy, or procedure of the Police.
The IPCA investigates incidents where a Police employee causes, or appears to have caused, death or serious bodily harm. The IPCA also has responsibility for monitoring and reporting on Police custodial facilities as a National Preventive Mechanism under the Optional Protocol to the Convention Against Torture (OPCAT).
Reporting to the General Manager this position plays a crucial role contributing to the outcomes of the Authority. You will do this through the provision of robust legal advice to the General Manager and Board Chair, and by having a strong stakeholder focus with Police to influence policy change resulting from investigations.
Your background will include the following:
- Qualified lawyer ideally with at least 10 years post qualification experience including public sector experience
- Experience in legal research, analysis and the provision of robust advice and recommendations to senior management
- Operational policy development and analysis
- Good knowledge of Machinery of Government including Cabinet and Parliamentary processes
- Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Mâori tikanga
- Experience and proven ability in engaging and communicating effectively with external stakeholders
- Experience in working with, or sound knowledge of, Police or other law enforcement agencies
You'll be part of small, friendly organisation which prides itself on working diligently, working with integrity and ensuring that people who come to IPCA for assistance are provided an excellent and fair service.
If you are interested in this position, please go to our website www.ipca.govt.nz where you can download the Position Description and application form.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and completed application form to email@example.com Applications must be received direct to this email address to be processed.
Applications close at 12pm on Wednesday 14 June 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Independent Police Conduct Authority|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.