File Management Support Officer at NZ Police, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
File Management Support Officer - it starts with you!
- File Management Centre - Otahuhu
- Salary starting from $52,656 – SHIFT
- JR 545863
Nationally Advertised Vacancy
About the role
The role of File Management Support Officer (FMSO) is to provide quality customer service 24/7 primarily to our Tamaki Makaurau sworn Police officers. As part of the File Management and Transcription (FM&T) workgroup, you will be part of a team that is committed to the accurate and timely entry of all administration tasks associated with Police paperwork. This will range from low to high risk tasks such as entry of trespass notices to daily charges from overnight arrests.
The role of an FMSO not only provides operational and administrational support to Police, but you will also be expected to work and access several Police IT systems; provide support where required to other FM&T workgroups and be prepared to jump in and assist other teams when needed.
The ideal FMSO will be a team player, be familiar with working in an agile environment, committed to contributing and being part of a high performing team, and have a clear understanding of our Business and our Police values.
- Timely and accurate entry of all Police administrative tasks
- A sound knowledge of computer applications, in particular Microsoft Office and Outlook suites
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work hard in a team environment
- Prioritise workflow and manage time effectively to complete multiple files and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professionalism - Taking pride in representing Police and making a difference in the communities we serve.
- Supportive of one another - Supporting our colleagues across every function and level of Police.
What you'll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
To succeed with this application:
- You must be able to work shift roster 24/7. This is a 6 day on, 4 day off roster that consists of 2 Earlies (6am – 3pm), 2 Lates (12pm – 10pm), 2 Nights (9pm – 6.30am).
- Have strong computer literacy skills. This means that you will be comfortable typing and navigating a computer database and programs
- Be an effective team player committed to working in a team environment and independently when required
This role is set at Individual Contributor level, this means your key purpose is “to deliver (or enable others to deliver) Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor.
For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://tenone.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/documents/2020-11/Core%20Competencies%20updated%20Nov%202020%20compressed.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to be the safest country by delivering services that ensure New Zealand communities are confident, safe, and secure.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=545863&company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken. For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Thuvaraga.Thiribuvananathan@police.govt.nz
Applications close at 5PM, Wednesday 08 December.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Police & emergency services|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.