Financial Operations Manager at Massey University, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Massey University has an exciting opportunity to lead and manage the University's Financial Operations' team from our Manawatu campus. If you are a passionate people leader who is focused on continuous improvement and service delivery this role is for you.
Financial Operations includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury management, insurance and the expense management activities of the University. Reporting to the CFO and managing the Financial Operations teams, you will be responsible for maintaining the highest levels of service to staff, students, and external parties. This opportunity reaches into all areas of the University and it is imperative that you have strong service orientation combined with the ability to build constructive and effective relationships through communicating clearly with staff at all levels.
Your key responsibilities include:
- providing team and technical leadership
- contributing to projects/programmes that contribute to the University's vision and strategy
- maintaining and monitoring the effective operation of the team's functions, people and processes
- developing and maintaining relationships internally and externally.
The attributes you will bring:
- Have at least seven to ten years' experience leading financial operations teams in a large organisation
- Have experience in identifying and implementing business process improvements and service level standards
- Have excellent communication and client service skills
- Have experience working with an integrated FMIS solutions, including purchasing
- Have experience with optimising finance processes
- Be a strategic thinker with a track record of turning ideas into action
Massey University is a world-leading university in many academic disciplines and fields of research. Our point of difference is that our research is connected to community and industry. Working together across disciplines and locations, we solve national and global problems through fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research, while culturally and artistically enriching our world.
We are constantly challenging the way we work and learn through the calculated adoption of emerging technologies to allow us to best support our staff and students across range of complex environments and multiple locations.
Massey offers more than just salary and holidays
In addition to a salary, Massey also offers a flexible, enabling and inclusive environment, with a superior superannuation employer contribution (up to 6.75% of salary), subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family, additional University holidays, study fee concessions, and a commitment to being te Tiriti o Waitangi-led.
If you are a self-motivated senior finance professional with experience in leading financial planning and advisory teams and a strong customer service focus this role is for you.
If you would like to arrange a confidential conversation, please feel free to contact Chief Financial Officer Carolyn Dimond firstname.lastname@example.org
Note, all applications must please be submitted online via 'Apply now', rather than email.
Closing date: Monday, 6 February 2023
Reference number: US_F_001_01/23
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.