Facilities Supervisor at Massey University, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Come and join The Estates Management team at the Massey University (Te Kunenga ki Pūrehuroa) on the Wellington Campus.
About us - Ko wai mātou
We are focused on maintaining and operating Massey's three campuses' amenities, buildings and grounds. We also run the Capital Projects (building related) for these campuses. The team is made up of about 120 members who all play vital roles in ensuring a positive student and staff experience. This role supports teaching and research outcomes by ensuring that the Campus facilities and services meet the University community's needs.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi - About this role
We have an exciting and interesting opportunity for an experienced Supervisor/Electrician to join us on our Wellington Campus.
In the role of Facilities Supervisor, you will oversee a small in-house team and deliver excellence in a wide range of day-to-day facilities tasks such as coordinating staff, contractors and suppliers in order to maintain the Universities buildings and infrastructure.
The role will include reactive electrical and planned preventative maintenance services to all property, buildings, plant and equipment on the Wellington Campus.
This role is 70-80% electrical 'hands on' as part of the team delivery with the balance being supervisory.
About you - Ko koe tēnei
Our preferred candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with proven experience in building services?
- Registered Electrician and have either a qualification in or sound experience of mechanical/HVAC
- Experience and knowledge of control systems and programs relating to BMS and Asset Management Systems
- Supervisory maintenance experience at an educational, hospital or University facility would be advantageous
Why Te Kūnenga ki Pūrehuroa- Massey University?
In addition to a competitive salary, Massey also offers a range of staff benefits that include the following:
- Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- Flamingo Scooter Hire. Eligible staff pay no unlocking fee, pay a discounted rate and 25 minutes of free riding credit each week
- Orbit Massey gives you access to exclusive staff benefits for all your leisure travel. This includes All of Government discounts on flights, car rentals, accommodation, and travel insurance
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- Discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
- Staff purchasing privileges and discounts at many commercial and retail businesses across NZ
- Superannuation employer contribution (up to 6.75% of salary) - UniSaver
- Comprehensive professional development and training programmes
If you can support the electrical and mechanical/HVAC maintenance needs in a multipurpose hand-on approach while assisting to build and grow the Maintenance team - apply now!
Please note: we do reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date if the ideal candidate is identified.
For any enquiries, please contact Andrew Gillies Associate Director - Campus Services on 027 3049439.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.