Fees & Compliance Manager at Massey University, Manawatu-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Students and Global Engagement
At Massey University, Tauira (students) are at the heart of everything we do. Each year, about 30,000 students from around Aotearoa and over 100 other countries choose Te Kunenga ki Pūrehuroa Massey University, to help them realise their ambitions and achieve their true potential.
Massey is an aspiring, Te Tiriti o Waitangi-led university, to join us you will be completely committed to this and be prepared to be a leader in this area. You will also be supportive in our aspiration and engaged in honouring our Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations and responsibilities.
The opportunity - Te Whiwhinga mahi
We are seeking an experienced Operations Leader to join us as our Manager Student Fees and Compliance. This is an important role for the university, you will have the opportunity to work with a range of staff across all levels of the university. You will have the natural ability to move between strategic, project and day to day operations.
This role leads the Student Fees and Compliance function for the university. This includes everything transactional on the student account, invoicing to third parties, interpreting and implementing StudyLink and Fees Free, fee benchmarking, international refunds, fee appeals, insurance and visas. This role leads an amazing, dedicated team of professionals.
You are also part of a small leadership team. Your contribution to the wider Student Registry whanau will be an important and valued asset that aligns to our values, culture, and strategy.
About you - Ko koe tēnei
You are a leader where your core competencies (and what motivates you) include the following:
- Ability to oversee a large and complex operational function
- Have a calm and focussed leadership style to ensure each facet of this unit is well lead and overseen
- A large workload with variable components is the environment in which you thrive, you have a proven track record to hit the ground running successfully overseeing multiple demands
- Analysis of numbers and data will be a strength. Interpreting figures, reporting on them, speaking to them, and giving support to conclusions
- Financial statements, reports and reconciliations will be familiar to you and the preparation and review of these a strength
- You will have a working knowledge of Excel to an expert level and the ability to pick up, understand and work with new systems and in technical projects
- You motivate, empower, and grow people - you bring out the best in people
- You see building and maintaining relationships as a core part of your contribution and you try to build great 'community' wherever you go
- You aid to a positive work environment both as a leader and a colleague
- Relationships with internal and external stakeholders is pivotal to the success of this management role
- You will have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in all forms
- An ever-changing set of challenges is exciting and drives you - 'bring on the next challenge' you say
- You will be able to manage your time effectively to complete multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines
- You take ownership of tasks assigned and empower your team to do the same, seeing these through to a successful conclusion
- You are an enthusiastic and energised leader who is supportive
- You will give clarity to the team whilst allowing progressive discussions
As the Manager of Student Fees and Compliance you will require experience in dealing with regulations and interpreting legislation. You have an awareness of the priorities and strategies set by our external stakeholders, in particular the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education Commission, and Immigration New Zealand.
About us - Ko wai mātou
Student Registry is responsible for a variety of student administrative functions. We have four teams who deliver a range of services that support students study journey, from records, transcripts and documentation, admission, enrolment, progression, student fees, international compliance matters, visas, etc.
We are a team who are dedicated to excellence of service supporting students and the university's strategic goals. We work across the university to achieve these shared goals.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tono
To apply please submit your application online. Interviews will commence after the closing date of Sunday, 8 October 2023.
For enquiries please contact Diana Kessler, Head of Student Registry email@example.com
Closing date: 8 October 2023
Reference number: SGE_FCT_862_09/23
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.