Student Wellbeing Advisor at Massey University, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Students and Global Engagement
Join our team as a Wellbeing Advisor!
Permanent, part-time (0.8 FTE - 30 hours) vacancy at our Massey University Wellington Campus.
Are you an experienced mental health professional passionate about student support? Join our vibrant, collaborative team in Wellington. As part of the Student Care team, you'll provide vital mental health support to students and staff, fostering a culture of whanaungatanga (relationships) and manaakitanga (support). Although this is not primarily a clinical role, it includes student contact and support, triage, referrals, participation in case management and case conference.
- Support staff in providing student mental health and wellbeing assistance
- Offer direct short-term student interactions as outlined in the job description
- Provide training, psychoeducation, and health events to promote wellbeing
- Consult and support colleagues managing student wellbeing or distress
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Social Work, Counselling, Mental Health, or related field
- Experience working with our demographic
- Strong interpersonal skills and a client-centred approach
Why join us?
- Be part of a supportive, cohesive team
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Make a real difference in student success
In addition to a competitive salary, Massey also offers:
- Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
- Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- Discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
- Staff purchasing privileges and discounts at many commercial and retail businesses across NZ
- Comprehensive professional development and training programmes
The employment setting will involve work with people across the lifespan and applicants will be required to comply with the requirements of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and the Vulnerable Children (Requirements for Safety Checks of Children's Workers) Regulations 2015.
Contact Ying Rong at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries. Join us in shaping student wellbeing!
Closing date: 1 March 2024
Reference number: SGE_SC_054_01/24
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Wellington - Wairarapa
|Ongoing - Part Time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.