Director of Engagement and Partnerships - Northern at Ministry For Ethnic Communities, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kia ora, As-salamu alaykum, Namaste, Hwan-yeong, Svagata cha, Huanyf ng, Bula Vinaka, Jambo, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome
Director of Engagement and Partnerships (Northern)
- Are you passionate about forming partnerships of value and effective working relationships with others, including those with diverse cultures, values or priorities?
- Do you have proven success in people and team leadership skills, including motivating and inspiring others?
- Do you have an advanced ability to transfer knowledge of community information into policy awareness and information and service design and delivery?
About the Role
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive, Strategic Engagement & Partnerships, the Director will develop and lead the national engagement and partnership strategy, reflecting the clear focus that “community engagement and partnership is at the heart of Ministry” with ethnic communities. The role will also ensure the delivery of insights and analysis based on that engagement.
You will have
- An excellent understanding of community engagement principles and best practice models.
- A deep understanding of, and established credibility within New Zealand's ethnically diverse and inter-faith communities or demonstrated capacity to establish this credibility.
- Leadership skills – demonstrated ability to lead and develop a high performing team.
If you're looking for a new challenge that encourages you to think innovatively to help make a difference to Aotearoa and its people, then the Ministry for Ethnic Communities could be the place for you.
The Ministry for Ethnic Communities is the Government's chief advisor on ethnic communities, ethnic diversity and the inclusion of ethnic communities in wider society.
As a Ministry
- We want to be a catalyst for change
- We want to harness and share knowledge
- We want to work in partnership with others
- We want to support communities to be more empowered.
To apply for this position, please send your covering letter, which outlines why you are interested in the role, along with your CV highlighting your skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role.
Applications close on Friday, 14 April 2023.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in, so please get in your application in as soon as possible.
We encourage inclusion and diversity at the Ministry for Ethnic Communities and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at Debra.Davis@ethniccommunities.govt.nz if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry For Ethnic Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||PD_DIrector Engagement and Partnerships Southern and Central or Northern.pdf (PDF, 269KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.