Manager Legal Services and Research Finance at Massey University, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Office of the Provost
If you are excited by the opportunity to lead and develop a small professional team to deliver high quality support services to the Massey University research community, and to enhance business practices, then we would like to hear from you!
You will lead the Legal Services and Research Finance team of eight to provide outstanding financial and legal support to our researchers and staff. As a part of the management team, you will contribute to a culture of excellence and success. This role offers a mix of relationship and line management, systems and process development, and strategic advice.
You will be an enthusiastic people-manager, with both leadership and business capabilities, who can bring expertise and initiative to this important professional service role.
You will possess:
- the ability to move fluidly between and across different processes/systems and forms of knowledge
- previous management experience in building teams with solution focus
- proven skills and comfort engaging with and working across all levels of the organisation, liaising with, and drawing upon expertise from other units as needed.
A tertiary qualification - noting that professional legal or financial qualifications are highly desirable, but management skills and the ability to draw on and enhance expertise in the team are essential.
Experience in the tertiary education sector and research funding environment, with a strong understanding of the interface between policy and practice, would be an advantage.
Massey University offers flexible hours of work and encourages a healthy work-life balance. We are committed to our staff our Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations and are very supportive of opportunities for career development and advancement.
In addition to a competitive salary, Massey also offers:
- up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
- five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
- staff purchasing privileges and discounts at many commercial and retail businesses across NZ
- comprehensive professional development and training programmes
Closing date: 26 March 2023.
Reference number: OP_RO_298_02/23
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.