Finance Advisor at New Zealand Infrastructure Commission - Te Waihanga, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The New Zealand Infrastructure Commission, Te Waihanga is an autonomous Crown entity with a long-term objective to deliver a step change in New Zealand's planning and delivery of infrastructure, it's systems and settings. We are responsible to the Minister for Infrastructure and monitored by the Treasury.
In te reo Māori, ‘waihanga' means a cornerstone, or to make, create, develop, build, construct, or generate. The name Te Waihanga describes our commitment to shaping New Zealand's future through infrastructure planning and investment.
We are passionate about transforming infrastructure for all New Zealanders and have four main functions that guide our work:
- To coordinate, develop and promote an approach to infrastructure that improves the wellbeing of New Zealanders.
- To improve the certainty of future New Zealand infrastructure projects.
- To lift New Zealand's infrastructure procurement capability.
- To provide high-quality advice in relation to infrastructure.
What you'll do
Te Waihanga is tasked with improving the lives of New Zealanders through better infrastructure, and we all play a role in this mission.
Our newly created role of Finance Advisor will provide budgeting and financial support, advice, and coaching across Te Waihanga. You will work closely with all managers and budget holders to provide support and advice to ensure the smooth running of our finance function.
Key areas of focus for our Finance Advisor will be:
- Providing financial reporting and analysis by analysing finances and data to support the budget process, collating and reporting on the quarterly board fees, and supporting with business plans and audit requirements
- Working with our external providers to support and facilitate our budgeting process. This will include creating tools and templates and working with the business to develop robust and realistic budgets.
- Becoming a trusted partner in financial support and decision making by building and maintaining strong working relationships Te Waihanga.
Things you'll be proud of
This is a varied role in a growing organisation with a big future. To be a great fit, you'll be a strategic, analytic thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is proud of:
Your qualifications and experience, including:
Relevant tertiary qualification majoring in Accounting or Finance (or experience in a similar industry).
- Solid accounting experience in senior roles, particularly in public sector.
Your broad range of skills and knowledge, including:
- The ability to think strategically, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at building and maintaining rapport and effective and productive relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised and able to manage a busy and varied workload, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent numerical skills including advanced use of Microsoft Excel to develop financial models.
- Ability to work with complex situations and develop clear and effective solutions.
- Innovation, the ability to develop and implement solutions
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and best practices.
- An understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the Crown's responsibility to act as a good partner is desirable and a willingness to engage with Te Ao Māori perspectives and frameworks.
If you are interested in being part of the critically important work Te Waihanga deliver for Aotearoa, please read through the position description on Te Waihanga's website and get in touch.
To apply for this role, please follow the link in the advertisment or email email@example.com. Applications close on Friday 24 September 2021 at 5:00pm.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Infrastructure Commission - Te Waihanga|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.