Pathology Assistant - Histology at Canterbury District Health Board, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time opportunity (40 hours per week) in a leading medical diagnostic reference laboratory
- NZ Registration as a Medical Laboratory Scientist is essential
- Join an experienced and supportive team of laboratory scientists and grow your career with us!
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We're looking for an NZ Registered Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) to join our team at Canterbury Health Laboratories as a Pathology Assistant! Canterbury Health Laboratories is a leading medical diagnostic reference laboratory in New Zealand. Based on the campus of Christchurch Hospital, the Anatomical Pathology Department is made up of a team of Medical Laboratory Scientists, Medical Laboratory Technicians, Pathology Assistants, Pathologists, and Registrars. We're a supportive team where continued professional development is encouraged and who are passionate about providing quality laboratory services to the Canterbury community.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity working 40 hours per week across Monday to Friday, with flexible start and finish times within core business hours.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Macroscopic preparation of specimens received into the department including direct transfers, small and large specimens
- Carrying out all procedures accurately and efficiently according to protocols
- The provision of consistently high-quality service
Your skills will include the following:
- You will be registered (or eligible for registration) as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with the New Zealand Medical Sciences Council
- Hold a university (or other appropriate) qualification demonstrating a high level of understanding of anatomy (desirable)
- Previous experience in the dissection of Histology specimens (desirable)
- Previous experience in Histology is advantageous'
- Effective time management skills and communication skills
- The ability to maintain high professional standards in line with the Code of Competencies and Standards
- A working knowledge of laboratory information systems
- You will be a highly-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team as well as independently
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.