Business Analyst at Parliamentary Service, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We are looking for a Business Analyst who is able to bridge the gap between IT and the business as you support the development and maintenance of publishing and the Parliamentary website.
Te tĪma - The team
The IST Delivery ensures that the relationship with the customers of IST are managed and that strategic IST business solutions are being delivered at agreed quality and service levels and are fit for purpose. It also champions a customer service focus across the IST Group and outsourced service providers.
Within IST Group, the IST Delivery team has the overall responsibility for managing changes to the IT infrastructure and platforms, and delivery of bespoke applications and systems enhancements within Parliamentary Service.
Mō te tūnga - About the role
You will support the development and maintenance of publishing and the Parliament website. This requires proactive engagement and liaising with key stakeholders to understand, identify and evaluate business requirements, identify needs and opportunities, and determine appropriate solutions.
You will work closely with the IST Customer Service and IST Operations teams, as well as developers and testers to troubleshoot production issues.
The Business Analyst will work closely with colleagues to share their knowledge and experiences to assure quality outcomes for our customer.
- Determine and capture business requirements according to business analysis best practice and standard so that high quality products are delivered to the business.
- Advocate business analysis standards and best practices within Parliamentary Service, partnering agencies and service providers to ensure high quality requirements management and solutions are present.
- Provide business analysis advice to planning activities so that work and stakeholder expectations can be managed effectively.
- Contribute to the technical discussion with architects and developers to ensure that the design and development of business systems will deliver not only the business requirements, but stakeholder needs and value for the organisation
Tō kete - What you will bring to the role:
- Strong customer focus and a team player
- A strong can do attitude and motivation to make a difference
- 3+ years' business analysis experience in IT BA roles
- Proven experience in business analysis methods and techniques and documentation
What can we offer you?
- We actively represent our values of Accountability, Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Integrity and Empowerment.
- We offer a thorough induction, on-going development and excellent working conditions
- We offer a range of benefits including study assistance, 5 weeks annual leave and flexible working arrangements. Our ever-changing environment we work in allows us to be part of the action at Parliament including attending question time, select committees and other key events
The appointing salary range for this role is up to $120,000 per annum. Appointments will be based on skills and experience (please note, the full salary range extends beyond this to allow for tenure progression).
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter.
Applications close at midnight Wednesday, 10 August 2022.
For any queries or to arrange a confidential kōrero, please email email@example.com
The Parliamentary Service and the Office of the Clerk appoint on merit and are committed to diversity and inclusion and good employer principles. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and value the experience that your point of difference brings.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.