Parliamentary Control Room Operator at Parliamentary Service, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you in a customer facing role, looking for a career change? We are looking for professionals from all walks of life who bring strong transferable skills and a real passion for fostering exceptional customer experience.
The Parliamentary Control Room Operator plays an integral role within the Security group, who are collectively responsible for providing 24 hours per day, seven days per week security services to members of Parliament, staff, contractors, stakeholders, visitors, and customers who work within and visit New Zealand's Parliament. This includes providing security services at the Electorate and community Offices which are located throughout New Zealand.
Mō te tūnga - About the role
In this key position, you will provide pro-active security and customer services to the Parliamentary Precincts, and to Members of Parliament and staff working in our communities, and in Electorate and Community Offices across New Zealand. Utilising modern security technology systems, you will act as a key conduit to enable the frontline Security Operations team to ensure a quick response to incidents, situations and all customer requests. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring New Zealand's Parliament is open, accessible, efficient, safe and secure at all times.
The appointing base salary for this role is $57,361 per annum plus a 12% loading for shift work (remuneration band extends beyond the appointing salary to account for tenure progression).
Here is what we can offer you in the Security team:
- We want you to succeed here, so are a supportive and empowering team who provide thorough one on one training in the role
- You will join a high performing Group who is well known in the business for their exceptional customer service
- An exciting and ever-changing environment where you are in the heart of democracy and a part of the action at Parliament
- We truly value our people and continuously provide opportunities for development through our learning and development and study assistance programmes
- Five weeks annual leave
Tō kete - What you will bring to the role:
- The ability to meet specialised training standards which includes a cognitive memory test and competency within a security control room environment
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills, with a positive 'can do' attitude
- The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a team
- Display sound judgement, initiative and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- An enthusiastic attitude toward learning new and exciting skills
Please note that due to the nature of the work we do, you must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET level National Security Clearance.
The Security group strive to be known for their professionalism and to make Parliament an open, accessible, efficient, safe and secure place. If you are interested in being a part of our collaborative and engaged team committed to providing the best service to the best Parliament in the world, apply now.
This position is a full-time, permanent position, and the working hours are shift work 24 hours per day, seven days per week, as per a set rotational roster.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday, 2 October 2022.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact the Recruitment team at Recruitment@parliament.govt.nz
The Parliamentary Service and the Office of the Clerk appoint on merit and are committed to diversity and inclusion and good employer principles. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and value the experience that your point of difference brings.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 31294GJ.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.