Communications, Research and Policy Advisor to Sam Uffindell at Parliamentary Service, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Excellent working conditions - a strong focus on Manaakitanga
- Be a part of a supportive and energetic team
- Contribute to the work we do for the New Zealand Parliament
About the role
As the Parliamentary Communications, Research and Policy Advisor to Sam Uffindell, you'll put your communication, research, administration, and multi-tasking skills to good use in this unique and rewarding environment. This role is based in Parliament, Wellington.
You will have the opportunity to work autonomously within Parliament, while also being part of a wider team as you regularly engage with your colleagues based in the Tauranga Electorate office. In this position, you will provide your MP with research and communication support and provide executive assistant tasks.
- Researching and developing in-depth knowledge/expertise on your MPs areas of interest
- Managing and implementing your MPs communications strategy including social media and op eds
- Preparing briefing notes for your MP for Select Committees and the House on sitting weeks
- Managing your MPs busy inbox, diary and coordinating travel
- Organising and booking meetings with stakeholders
- Coordinating high quality events and functions for your MP
What you will bring to the role
We are looking for someone who has a passion for Parliament and has previous experience in communications, research and some expertise in admin responsibilities. If you do not have experience in this area, but you can quickly develop the rest of the skills required, we can provide you with the support, mentorship and training you need to succeed in this role. You will be known for your strong attention to detail, initiative, and ability to quickly come up to speed.
Why work for Parliamentary Service?
- We actively represent our values of Accountability, Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Integrity and Empowerment
- We offer a thorough induction, on-going development and excellent working conditions
- We offer a range of benefits including study assistance, five weeks annual leave and some flexibility with working arrangements. Our ever-changing environment we work in allows us to be part of the action at Parliament including attending question time, select committees and other key events
As an employee of Parliamentary Service you will be impartial in your role. Awareness of the political landscape may be beneficial in supporting your MP.
This is an events based, fixed-term role linked to the MP, working 40 hours per week. Some flexibility in hours may be required.
The appointing salary range for this role is $63,743 to $79,679 per annum. Appointments will be based on skills and experience (please note, the full salary range extends beyond this to allow for tenure progression).
If you want to work in a role and environment unlike any other; one that is hugely rewarding and exciting with the chance to make a difference, click the apply button now.
Applications close at 6am on Monday, 3 October 2022.
For any queries or to arrange a confidential chat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parliamentary Service and the Office of the Clerk appoint on merit and are committed to diversity and inclusion and good employer principles. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and value the experience that your point of difference brings.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 31315GJ.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.