Ringa Tōhaunui / Manager Business Support - Māori at Education Review Office, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you looking for the opportunity and environment which will give you the chance to display your fluency in Te Reo Māori as well as your amazing business support skills? Here is your chance!
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic business support manager to join our Māori Evaluation and Review Group.
Kei te rapu mātou i tētahi tangata e mātau ana ki ngā punaha whakahaere, ā, ka hāpai hoki i ngā mahi a Te Uepū ā-Motu i a rātou e arotake ana i ngā kōhanga reo, ngā whare kōhungahunga reo Māori, ngā kura Māori, me ngā wharekura hoki.
The Education Review Office | Te Tari Arotake Mātauranga (ERO) is the New Zealand government's external evaluation agency. We evaluate and report on the education and care of learners in wharekura, kura, kōhanga reo, puna reo, and early childhood services.
Te Tāhū Whare/The Evaluation and Review Māori Group is made up of three teams: Te Pou Mataaho - Evaluation and Research, Te Pou Tūārongo - Methodology and Te Uepū ā-Motu - Māori.
The purpose of the Group is to deliver a programme of quality evaluations, reviews, inquiries, and investigations into the provision of education in Kaupapa Māori institutions, immersion early learning services, kura and wharekura. Our work programme extends across the English medium settings and other programmes intended to support Māori learners to achieve education success as Māori.
About the role
The Ringa Tōhaunui provides leadership and management of business services that contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of high-quality education evaluations, reviews, research, and methodology across Te Tāhū Whare. This role is responsible for meeting the priorities set out by the DCE and leadership team and monitoring and reporting on these activities to achieve successful business outcomes.
The Ringa Tōhaunui will also be responsible for helping with strategic goals to support complex and varied work programmes across the roopū. They will identify and implement better utilisation and improvement of systems in supporting and driving reviews, projects, and management practices. This central role will support the review team as they work across multiple parts of the business.
Skills & Experience
* Confidence and comfort working within a te Ao Māori environment
* Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its implications for the education sector and the work of ERO
* Sound understanding of tikanga Māori and te reo Māori
* Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a calm composure throughout
* Excellent skills in written and oral communications and confident in presenting ideas to a range of audiences
* Project management, financial budget management and human resource knowledge
* Ability to maintain networks and relationships across ERO, the education sector, Peak Bodies and other external groups
* Proactive and uses initiative to identify, analyse and resolve issues
* Models Māori principles and demonstrates the team's values of aroha, manaakitanga, whanaungatanga, manawanui, whaioranga, tika and pono across all areas of work
You will be an integral part of our leadership team, so we need someone who can think strategically and creatively, work well with others, and influence great outcomes. While based in our Wellington office, you will be required to travel across the motu as needed.
• Five weeks annual leave
• Wellness programme including subsidised gym memberships, flu injections and eye care
• Flexible working
• Modern office, based on Lambton Quay
How to apply
ERO wants a diverse workforce that reflects Aotearoa New Zealand. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, please tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
We are only able to consider applications for this position from people who are already in New Zealand, and applicants must hold a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident / citizen.
Visit our website to view the Position Statement, Collective Employment Agreement and Candidate Application Form.
Please send your candidate application form, cover letter and CV to Cassandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 12noon Monday 4th July 2022.
(Please note, do not apply through this website apply directly to Cassandra.email@example.com)
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Education Review Office|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.