Residential Life Manager at Massey University, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Students and Global Engagement
About us - Ko wai mātou
The Office of Student Experience (OSE) guides and supports our tauira through their Massey experience. This is achieved by ensuring that students are enabled to achieve; students are engaged with the University and students are empowered to participate in their community and to grow their whole selves.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi - About this role
As a team, we take a strengths-based approach to our work and are committed to a culture of continuous improvement. Student Well-being forms an integral part of the OSE, and the team offers a range of services to support well-being during a student's time at Massey. We understand the challenges tertiary study can bring and the importance of a holistic approach to keeping well, providing a multi-pronged approach to support academic success and the development of life skills.
The Residential Life Manager is responsible for:
- ensuring a safe, inclusive, and secure living environment for the students who live within our Halls on the Manawatū campus
- managing the development and implementation of a supportive Residential Life Programme, ensuring it aligns with our accommodation service objectives and wider university values, wellbeing programmes, events, promotions and tauira education
- ensuring the residential programmes, education and training needs meet all obligations and are underpinned by Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- ensuring that residents feel engaged and transition well from living at home to being independent
- being progressive, agile, and relevant.
About you - Ko koe tēnei
In this role, you will be responsible for the management, training, and leadership of staff across a 24/7 roster, who live on-site within the campus grounds. You will be an escalation point for incidents, and emergency events, and work with the wider university staff, departments, and schools, as well as external agencies such as health services, contractors, and other university residential life teams.
So if you know you have a cool, calm head to balance risk mitigation and management while providing a relaxed, welcoming environment for our residents to grow, feel included, be successful and are safe - this is the role for you.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tono
Please apply at https://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz/. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
The employment setting has a predominance of young adults. Still, it can involve work with people across the lifespan and applicants will be required to comply with the requirements of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and the Vulnerable Children (Requirements for Safety Checks of Children's Workers) Regulations 2015.
To view/download the job description, please click on the file below
Closing date: 5 October 2022
Reference number: SGE_SW_1060_09/22
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.