Senior Researcher - TTW at Education Review Office, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ko te tamaiti te pūtake o te kaupapa.
He karanga tēnei ki te hunga e ngākau nui ana ki ā tātou tamariki, mokopuna e ako ana mā te reo Māori, mā ngā āhuatanga ako e whai hua ai ki te ao Māori. E rapu ana mātou i ētahi ringa raupā ka whai wāhi atu ki te arotake i ngā kōhanga reo, ngā whare kōhungahunga reo Māori, ngā kura Māori, me ngā wharekura hoki.
We are looking for an exemplary Māori education professional to join Te Pou Mataaho as a Senior Researcher - Māori. Te Pou Mataaho is the research and evaluation team who deliver a programme of quality research, evaluations, inquiries and investigations into the provision of education in Māori immersion early learning services, kura, wharekura and English medium schools.
The Education Review Office - Te Tari Arotake Mātauranga(ERO) is the New Zealand government's external evaluation agency. We evaluate and report on the education and care of learners in wharekura,kura, kōhanga reo, puna reo,and early childhood services.
Te Tāhū Whare/The Evaluation and Review Māori Group is made up of three teams: Te Pou Mataaho - Evaluation and Research, Te Pou Tūārongo - Methodology and Te Uepū ā-Motu - Māori.
The purpose of the group is to deliver a programme of quality evaluations, reviews, inquiries, and investigations into the provision of education in Kaupapa Māori institutions, immersion early learning services, kura and wharekura. Our work programme extends across the English medium settings and other programmes intended to support Māori learners to achieve education success as Māori.
About the role
The Senior Researcher is accountable to the Whatu Ahorua - Manager Evaluation and Research-Māori, for the provision of support for planning, research, analysis and other project work in the Education Review Office.
The Senior Researcher plays a leadership role in Te Pou Mataaho. That requires you to bring a mix of qualitative and quantitative research skills where Kaupapa Māori research methods will be a strong advantage. You need to be good with evidence and insights, be confident in your ability and willing to build on your evaluative skill set.
We value curious and creative minds who have particular interest in education. You will engage with policy and work amongst the research community, be comfortable with data and provide evidence and analysis across ERO and the wider education system.
Skills and experience:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of research theory and practice
- Knowledge and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tikanga Māori
- Knowledge of the New Zealand public sector and experience of working with Ministers
- Previous successful experience in delivering impactful research in the public sector at a senior level
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a leadership role with other staff, providing and responding to feedback
- Adaptability and the ability to anticipate, identify, analyse and resolve problems in an innovative manner
- Effective decision making and the ability to handle uncertainty
- Integrity and a well-developed appreciation of what counts as ethical conduct
- Passionate about ensuring excellent education outcomes for Māori learners and their whānau
- Works well independently and as part of a team to achieve great results for Māori learners and their whānau
- Has a great sense of humour, and value the importance of work/life balance
How to apply
ERO wants a diverse workforce that reflects Aotearoa New Zealand. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, please tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
We are only able to consider applications for this position from people who are already in New Zealand, and applicants must hold a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident/citizen.
Visit our website to view the Position Statement, Collective Employment Agreement and Candidate Application Form.
Please send your candidate application form, cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Education Review Office|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.