Tutor - Civil Engineering at Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec), Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the role - Te Kaupapa
Be part of the future! Be part of leading growth and development! Be part of ensuring Aotearoa New Zealand has the skilled workforce it needs!
An exciting opportunity has become available to join WelTec, teaching on the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering programme.
The School of Innovation, Design and Technology at WelTec and Whitireia is seeking to appoint tutors to join the Engineering Diploma academic team. You will be part of the team that ensures skilled graduates are well-prepared for employment in this high demand industry.
WelTec is looking for people who are keen to pass on their knowledge and have an enthusiasm for learning and education. Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written are essential along with the ability to engage students in applied learning through lab and practical projects work.
Core elements of this position will include course delivery and assessment of specific subject areas relating to the engineering industry in the civil specialisation, and management of resources relating to the learning processes.
The positions are based largely at the Petone campus but may also include work at our other Wellington campuses from time to time as required.
- Recent, relevant industry experience, however recent graduates will also be considered
- Recent, relevant teaching experience, preferably within a tertiary teaching environment
- Experienced in the use of electronic and on-line technologies in teaching is preferred
- A Bachelors in Civil Engineering discipline
- Teaching qualification or teaching experience is desirable, but not essential
Personal qualities and key skills:
- Clear, confident and skilled presenter
- A customer focus with demonstrated ability to be both flexible and professional
- Willingness to accommodate a variety of learning styles and strategies in instructional delivery
- Demonstrated collegiality in an academic teaching and service environment
If you enjoy working with a dedicated and friendly team within a progressive educational environment, you wouldn't want to miss this opportunity. WelTec offers training, support, and generous leave provisions.
Whitireia and WelTec have been strategic partners since 2012, delivering a range of career training choices and vast opportunities for schools, staff and students. Together, we lead and illuminate our communities through tertiary education.
From 1 September 2022 Whitireia and WelTec became a business division of Te Pūkenga - NZ Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga) and we are highly respected institutes of technology. We're one of New Zealand's most impressive, globally competitive tertiary institutions. Together, will lead and illuminate our communities through tertiary education.
We are known for our distinctiveness (Ahureitanga) and we have special relationships with mana whenua WelTec with Te Ātiawa and Whitireia with Ngāti Toa. Together, we are more than the sum of our parts.
Mā tātou, mō tātou Ko WelTec ki Te Ātiawa, ko Whitireia ki Ngāti Toa. E haere kōtui nei me kura-takahi-puni tātou.
Whitireia and WelTec's vision (Whakakitenga) is:
Learning together. Transforming lives. Te ako ngātahi. Te whakaahua kētanga o te tangata
What we can offer you
We know it's important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We offer a number of services and benefits to support our staff.
When you work with us, we can offer you some of the following benefits:
- Free car parking at Petone and Porirua campuses
- Onsite café at Whitireia and WelTec campuses
- Rewards and recognitions programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- A range of wellness initiatives
- Professional development opportunities
How to apply - Me pēhea te tono
Click on the 'apply now' and complete the online application form. Please note it is important that you complete all sections of the online application.
For other information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday, 31 March 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec)|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.