Analyst, Data Quality (Asset Data Management) at Wellington Water, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Have experience managing and improving infrastructure-based asset data sets?
- Is accuracy and attention to detail your strong point?
- Join our dynamic and growing team delivering important work.
At Wellington Water the need to access and utilise good quality data and information is increasingly important across all roles in our business, for the delivery of our services and the way we work together. The new water regulations will only amplify the role our data and information assets will play in the future, to inform our priorities, operate efficiently and demonstrate compliance
Working closely with the Network Management Group (NMG) you will be primarily responsible for the ingestion, management, and ongoing improvement of asset data related to our treatment plant and other facilities in the region.
You will also support:
- the wider Digital Products and Services team with the ingestion and management of various other types of asset data; and
- the wider organisation to utilise and engage with ongoing data improvement activities through the establishment of standards, policies, and processes.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant field, including, asset management, GIS, data and information management, engineering or draughting
- Two plus years experience in data and information management (preferably infrastructure orientated), including process and standards development
- Experience in one or more of the following; enterprise asset management systems, geospatial platforms, data models, databases, large tabular datasets, or draughting software
- Experience working within an agile environment and/or in a cross-functional team environment is desirable
- Experience working with the Maximo platform is highly desirable
The ideal candidate will have strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills as well as a strong customer focus to complement your ability to build effective peer and working relationships. On top of this, you can effectivity cope with change and handle risk and uncertainty, adjust your approach as appropriate to the situation, and apply a continuous improvement focus across your work.
About our team
The Digital Products and Services (DPS) team develops and maintains digital products and provides digital services used by Wellington Water, our client councils, and our partners.
The Data Quality function (within the DPS team) champions the importance of quality, well-managed data across all parts of Wellington Water. The function primarily provides Asset Management, Geospatial and Time Series expertise to both DPS and Wellington Water.
Wellington Water knows that a great values-driven culture like ours means we can be a trusted advisor to the region's Councils and deliver great outcomes for our customers. Wellington Water plans and delivers drinking water, wastewater, and storm water services from source to sea in partnership with the community, engineering consultants and contractors.
Why join us
It is an exciting time to be working in the water sector, not only are you at the forefront of looking after our most precious assets: water, human health and welfare and the environment, but proposed changes for the sector is increasing awareness around the importance of managing the three waters and creating new opportunities. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
To see our benefits please copy and paste the URL below into your internet brower's address bar: https://careers.wellingtonwater.co.nz/
Applications close: Wednesday, 18 May 2022
How to apply
To see the job description file please copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser's address bar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iLFf4BEeQdSPd5XR6tMseR33QFBIZG1x/view?usp=sharing
To apply for the role, visit the Wellington Water careers site
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain it.
To find out more about work visa eligibility and options please copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser's address bar: https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/move-to-new-zealand/visas-citizenship/visas-to-work
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
We support being fully vaccinated. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.