Serviceperson, Drainage at Wellington Water, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full-time, permanent - multiple positions
- Locations - Lower Hutt, Porirua or Rongotai based
- Infrastructure and environmental sector
Who are we?
We manage the drinking water, wastewater, and storm water services from source to sea for our client councils, who are the Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors on water services projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
The Customer Operations Group leads the operations and maintenance of the network on behalf of client councils and is the first point of contact in responding to client and customer requests. The group's outcomes are delivered through an innovative alliance, comprising people and resources from Wellington Water and Fulton Hogan working together to achieve high-performance for the Wellington community.
To be successful in this busy role, you will:
- Ensure a free-flowing sewage and storm water piped system
- Minimise sewage overflow
- Minimise pipeline infiltration of storm water into the sewage system
- Install new connections
- Maintain public open watercourses
- Clear sanitary sewer and storm water blockages
- Repair broken and damaged pipelines
- Install new saddle and manhole connections
- Inspect and provide routine maintenance of problem areas within the drainage system
- Construct and adjust manholes and pipelines
- Clear open watercourses and culvert entrances and outlets
- Attend call-out duties
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned by the overseer or manager
- Undertake civil defence and emergency management tasks as directed including participation in pre-event training and rostered duties during an emergency event
- Maintain effective working relationships with all staff within Wellington Water as well as external vendors and members of the General Public that you interact with
What's in it for you
It's an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue as an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
We will be reviewing and progressing applications as they're received, so don't delay - apply today by providing a cover letter, CV and answering a few questions about you and your experience for this role.
This role is mandated for COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants will also be required to undergo drug, alcohol, and medical testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Primary industry, trade & manufacturing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.