Principal Engineer - Stormwater at Wellington Water, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Opportunity to join a dynamic sector
- Collaborative and innovative environment
- Hybrid and flexible working
This is a full-time permanent position (40 hours per week) based in Petone, Wellington.
The remuneration range for this role is $109,980 - $155,266 (including KiwiSaver) depending on skills and experience.
As the Stormwater Principal Engineer, you will take a guiding role on network projects, supporting the team to carry them out and lending your technical expertise to complex issues. You will be self-motivated and have a desire for personal continuous learning.
You will get to:
- Manage multiple, large scale and complex projects
- Support the strategy led organisation by leading the creation of master plans and catchment plans
- Develop environmentally sensitive and sustainable solutions to issues
- Provide sound technical advice across the business within areas of expertise
- Provide input to regional growth frameworks and ability to work with client councils to advise on stormwater requirements
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a BE or Diploma in Engineering (preferably civil or environmental engineering)
- Have a background with asset management alongside stormwater engineering and design
- Provide strong technical knowledge in stormwater engineering, climate change resilience and adaptation
- Have strong analytical skills and be able to manage data to inform and make meaningful decisions
- Have a good understanding of the stormwater modelling process including calibration and determining optimal solutions
- Have experience in mentoring and leading others
About the team
The Network Engineering team develops an understanding of the performance of the Three Waters network and what upgrades are needed to support growth, renewals or continued reliable service to customers. We do this through undertaking and initiating investigations and regional studies informed by our over-arching strategy. We also support work across the business that is driven by this strategy. We provide engineering advice to Service Planning to help inform investment advice to Councils and to set Long Term Plans.
Wellington Water is the Wellington region's professional water services provider. We are 100 per cent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Our councils own the water infrastructure in the region, and they task us to manage the infrastructure and deliver water services to their communities.
Our job is to provide safe and healthy drinking water, collect and treat wastewater, and ensure the stormwater network is well managed. We do this on behalf of our council owners.
The value of water (a precious taonga) sits at our organisational heart. Every day our people come to work and strive to deliver services and manage infrastructure in a way that provides the best outcomes for our communities and our environment.
People work at Wellington Water because they want to make a difference. That means you will be helping to look after our most precious assets: water, human health and welfare, and the environment so our communities can prosper.
Why join us
It is an exciting time to be working in the water sector, not only are you at the forefront of looking after our most precious assets: water, human health and welfare and the environment, but proposed changes for the sector is increasing awareness around the importance of managing the three waters and creating new opportunities. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
To view the benefits please copy and paste the URL below into internet broswer: https://careers.wellingtonwater.co.nz/
Applications: We will be reviewing and progressing applications as they are received, so don't delay, get your application in now!
How to apply
To view a copy of the position description please copy and pase URL below into internet browser: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_jM1UhwBe1PgwmS-46gP09-HN6dKzN7T/view?usp=sharing
To apply for the role, click on the 'apply' button or visit the Wellington Water careers site.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain it.
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.