Engineer, Network Engineering at Wellington Water, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Support the team deliver timely high-quality outcomes for the community and environment
- Develop your career through continued learning and development opportunities
- Ability to work from home two days per week. Based near the cafes and beach in our Petone office
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week.
The remuneration range for this role is $88,738 to $125,277 p.a. (including KiwiSaver) depending on skills and experience.
Working alongside a team of passionate water engineering professionals, the role will see you contribute to the delivery on Wellington Water's service goals relating to stormwater, wastewater and drinking water. This will be achieved through quantifying the performance and condition of our networks and the impact that they are having on our communities, businesses and the environment.
This role is in the Conveyance team which forms part of the wider Network Engineering team in the Network Development and Delivery Group. The Conveyance Team is a diverse and inclusive team with a great work life balance. The team work on many challenging and interesting projects across the three waters with a particular focus on integrated planning of reticulation networks and catchments as well as supporting the delivery of the large capital program. The team also contributes to many strategic objectives such as sustainable water supply initiatives, reducing wastewater overflows, enabling growth and improving water quality.
With a strong emphasis on collaboration, this role will see you:
- complete challenging and interesting projects across the three waters
- develop your career with support from senior and principal level engineers
- provide technical advice and support to other teams within Wellington Water
- support the capital program and investment planning processes for our client councils.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- an engineering qualification with relevant experience in the water industry
- an inclusive team member mindset who can collaborate with other teams and stakeholders
- the ability to solve complex engineering problems and have a track record of providing sound technical advice
- strong analytical skills and ability to manage data to inform and make meaningful decisions
- an aptitude to coach, mentor and develop less experienced colleagues.
- Flexible working arrangements including two days working from home
- Comprehensive wellbeing programme
- Formal and informal professional development opportunities
- Five weeks annual leave upon completion of two years' service
- One day per year to do water related volunteer work
Join us as we embark on a transformative journey in the water sector. We are seeking individuals to be part of this change and help shape the future of the water services in the wider Wellington region. Your job security is guaranteed, and your expertise will play a vital role in ensuring the delivery of sustainable water services to our communities.
Wellington Water is the Wellington region's professional water services provider. We are 100 per cent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Our councils own the water infrastructure in the region, and they task us to manage the infrastructure and deliver water services to their communities.
Our job is to provide safe and healthy drinking water, collect and treat wastewater, and ensure the stormwater network is well managed. We do this on behalf of our council owners.
The value of water (a precious taonga) sits at our organisational heart. Every day our people come to work and strive to deliver services and manage infrastructure in a way that provides the best outcomes for our communities and our environment.
Applications close on Sunday, 1 October 2023.
How to apply
To apply for the role, click on the 'apply' button or visit the Wellington Water careers site.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain it.
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
To view a copy of the position description, please enter the following URL into your internet browser: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12vpdVF6M2HWt_NkWdglXF3u32C90kfCz/view?usp=drive_link
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.