Commercial Lead at Wellington Water, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Drive the value strategies for three waters projects
- An open and collaborative environment
- Based close to the beach and great cafes in Petone
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week.
The remuneration range for this role is $112,803 to $159,251 (including KiwiSaver) depending on skills and experience.
We have a rare opportunity for a Capex Commercial Lead to really make their mark in our capital works programme. You will construct, implement and continuously improve a robust construction component rate framework and maintain a data system to drive enhanced value for money in the WW capital works programme. You will work collaboratively with Internal Delivery teams, and our Consultant and Contractor Panels to ensure the commercial approach across the programme delivers meaningful value.
You will get to:
- Establish the WWL programme of price analysis and cost monitoring to improve estimating and budget management and value
- Ensure continuous improvement that embeds lessons into core commercial processes
- Develop and drive the commercial framework for WW's capital Programmes
- Lead the development of improved commercial knowledge and understanding across WWL by mentoring key staff across the business
- Establish and maintain excellent, collaborative working relationships.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Relevant qualification and/or construction pricing and negotiation experience
- Experience working on complex projects and/or programmes
- Knowledge of NZ and international contract mechanisms
- Excellent financial analysis and forecasting skills
- Demonstrated relationship development and management skills.
- Flexible working arrangements including up to two days working from home
- Comprehensive wellbeing programme
- Formal and informal professional development opportunities
- Five weeks annual leave upon completion of two years' service
- One day per year to do water related volunteer work
Join us as we embark on a transformative journey in the water sector. We are seeking individuals to be part of this change and help shape the future of the water services in the wider Wellington region. Your job security is guaranteed, and your expertise will play a vital role in ensuring the delivery of sustainable water services to our communities.
Wellington Water is the Wellington region's professional water services provider. We are 100 percent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Our councils own the water infrastructure in the region, and they task us to manage the infrastructure and deliver water services to their communities.
Our job is to provide safe and healthy drinking water, collect and treat wastewater, and ensure the stormwater network is well managed. We do this on behalf of our council owners.
The value of water (a precious taonga) sits at our organisational heart. Every day our people come to work and strive to deliver services and manage infrastructure in a way that provides the best outcomes for our communities and our environment.
Applications close on Monday, 2 October 2023.
How to apply
To view a copy of the position description visit the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19QkraQweK4lOPGWuNzUbwa1UUAHPbMqD/view?usp=sharing
To apply for the role, click on the 'apply' button or visit the Wellington Water careers site.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain it.
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.