Senior Communications and Engagement Advisor at Wellington Water, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be part of an organisation that delivers essential services to our community
- Provide strategic communications advice and support to senior leaders
- Based in Petone close to the beach and shops
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week.
The remuneration range for this role is 96,592 to $136,366 (including KiwiSaver) depending on skills and experience.
As a key member of the Communications and Engagement team, you'll lead and implement strategic communications and engagement and provide advice to our organisation to grow and protect Wellington Water's reputation. You'll enjoy working in a fast-paced and delivery-focused environment and be part of a diverse and high-performing team. Your duties will include being on an Emergency Management on call roster.
You will get to:
- Lead and implement strategic communications and engagement initiatives
- Identify reputational risks and provide strategic communications advice and support to mitigate these
- Respond to and manage reactive media enquiries as well as identifying and pitching proactive media opportunities
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Develop engaging and targeted content for our channels.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- At least five to seven years' experience in delivering best practice strategic communications and engagement - preferably in a service delivery or operational organisation but not essential
- A tertiary qualification in communications or relevant industry experience
- Strong skills in all areas of communications - corporate communications, media, community engagement, stakeholder management, and crisis and issues management
- Experience with planning and delivering engaging content across a range of channels
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience in translating complex information into simple and clear communications
- Experience with working and providing advice to senior leaders.
- Flexible working arrangements including up to two days working from home
- Comprehensive wellbeing programme, including one paid wellbeing day annually
- Formal and informal professional development opportunities
- Five weeks annual leave upon completion of two years' service
- One day per year to do water related volunteer work
Join us as we embark on a transformative journey in the water sector. We are seeking individuals to be part of this change and help shape the future of the water services in the wider Wellington region. Your job security is guaranteed, and your expertise will play a vital role in ensuring the delivery of sustainable water services to our communities.
Wellington Water is the Wellington region's professional water services provider. We are 100 percent council owned and funded by Wellington City, Hutt City, Porirua City, and Upper Hutt City councils, Greater Wellington Regional Council and South Wairarapa District Council.
Our councils own the water infrastructure in the region, and they task us to manage the infrastructure and deliver water services to their communities.
Our job is to provide safe and healthy drinking water, collect and treat wastewater, and ensure the stormwater network is well managed. We do this on behalf of our council owners.
The value of water (a precious taonga) sits at our organisational heart. Every day our people come to work and strive to deliver services and manage infrastructure in a way that provides the best outcomes for our communities and our environment.
Applications close on Tuesday, 3 October 2023.
How to apply
To view a copy of the position description, please enter the following URL into your internet browser: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FNx59IHyqG0wMsubVVv5L0NIR1DjpLir/view
To apply for the role, click on the 'apply' button or visit the Wellington Water careers site.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain it
For further information, email: JoinUs@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.