Strategic Sourcing Specialist at Massey University, Manawatū-Whanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Palmerston North or Wellington
A fantastic opportunity for a well-rounded procurement professional to further develop their career in an environment of continuous improvement. Reporting to the Team Leader - Procurement, you will join our Procurement and Contracts team. This position can be located at either our Palmerston North or Wellington campuses and may have some remote work flexibility.
Ensuring Massey University receives the best value and quality from our supply chain through strategic sourcing is a priority. As our Strategic Sourcing Specialist you will be responsible for procurement activities throughout the source-to-contract lifecycle including procurement planning, tender and evaluation management, supplier qualification, and negotiations. You will be part of a team that procures goods and services through collaborative approaches, by analysing spend and managing suppliers to optimise costs, improve supplier performance, and lower risk to the University.
Your ability to build meaningful working relationships both internally and externally is essential. You will enjoy building a good rapport with our stakeholders and have solid influencing skills to engage with key suppliers at a strategic level in order to add value to our organisation. You will be energetic, driven and have the capability to handle ambiguity whilst working collaboratively and influencing cross functional teams.
You must be a self-motivated team member that is a strong communicator, has exceptional customer service orientation and can exercise strong problem-solving skills and analytical thinking. You will also support the team to further plan, design and develop, innovative and best practice procurement and supplier relationship management strategies.
This role requires a skill base of an experienced procurement professional with well-rounded procurement and supplier management skillsets.
Key accountabilities include the following:
- Interact with key stakeholders in identifying business needs, building relationships and promote the features and benefits of early procurement involvement
- Lead, develop and deliver procurement plans, tender documents, evaluation, recommendation reports and other procurement documentation
- Support internal stakeholders to ensure that suppliers continue to deliver to the needs, values and standards of the organisation, effective governance is maintained, and strong working relationships are developed and maintained
- Undertake assessments of existing agreements where additional savings and benefits can be achieved. Identify inefficient spend and utilise data and insights to identify areas for improvement
What you will bring:
- Ideally four or more years' progressive and relevant experience in sourcing, procurement, and/or supplier relationship management
- Knowledge of optimising supplier relationships and supplier performance to deliver value add solutions
- Proven strengths in stakeholder management and a high degree of commercial acumen to drive better outcomes for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building talents
- Ability to work well flexibly, independently and as a contributing member of a team
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in embedding sustainability and Te Tiriti considerations into sourcing and supply chain strategies is desirable
You will also need the ability and willingness to travel to Palmerston North campus as required up to once/week (if based in Wellington/outside Manawatu region)
Massey University is a world-leading university in many academic disciplines and fields of research. Our point of difference is that our research is connected to community and industry. Working together across disciplines and locations, we solve national and global problems through fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research, while culturally and artistically enriching our world. We are constantly challenging the way we work and learn through the calculated adoption of emerging technologies to allow us to best support our staff and students across range of complex environments and multiple locations.
In addition to a salary, Massey also offers a flexible, enabling and inclusive environment, with a superior superannuation employer contribution (up to 6.75% of salary), subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family, additional University holidays, study fee concessions, and a commitment to being te Tiriti o Waitangi-led. If you are a self-motivated procurement professional with a strong customer service focus and the ability to demonstrate initiative, this role is for you.
To arrange a confidential conversation about this position please feel free to contact Julie Pedley, Strategic Sourcing Manager, 06 951 7377 or email@example.com
Applications close 11.30pm Wednesday, 2 February 2022.
Note, all applications must please be completed and submitted online rather than via email to the Strategic Sourcing Manager.
Reference number: US_P_005_01/22
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.