Finance Business Partner at Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About us | Mō mātou
Te Tūāpapa Kura Kāinga - Ministry of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is the Government's lead advisor on housing and urban development. HUD delivers the Government's programme to address homelessness, increase public and private housing supply, make existing homes warmer and healthier, make housing affordable for people to rent and buy, and lead quality urban development strategies to create thriving communities.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
The Finance function has four Finance Business Partner roles to reflect the growing array of policy interventions to progress housing outcomes. We are seeking to fill one of three Finance Business Partner roles which collectively focuses on the funding we are responsible for which equates to over $4 billion in spending in this financial year. This covers areas such as Public Housing, KiwiBuild activity, Progressive Home Ownership, Large Scale Projects, Infrastructure Funding, and funds to improve Māori housing outcomes. The team also manages the operating costs of the Ministry and provides strategic advice to the Senior Leadership team.
In this role you will provide 'real time' support and analysis, and be regarded by the business as a trusted financial adviser, adding value to critical decisions to improve decision making within the business. Critical to your success will be the ability to translate complex financial data into clear and concise messages to a broad audience. Your mix of analytical, commercial and communication skills will be at the heart of your approach to successful finance business partnering. The ideal candidate will also come with an openness for new ideas and ways of working and will be comfortable operating with ambiguity.
About you | Mōu
Your experience will demonstrate the ability to:
- Influence, build relationships through insightful analysis and advice
- Effective communication, to guide leadership and their thinking
- Understand business context quickly and adding value to business outcomes.
- Articulate key messages clearly and concisely in written form
- Anticipate and resolve problems, making decisions based on sound risk management analysis
- Think strategically while maintaining focus on ensuring that the details are correct
- Act in a positive, can-do way
- Be a strong team player and ability to collaborate and contribute at team level
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and performance
- You must be able to obtain relevant checks and clearances as/if required
- Financial qualification (although experience may render this unnecessary)
- Demonstrated ability to manage, understand and interpret financial data and information is essential
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Please click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to the application page. From here you can upload your CV and cover letter. Please note, while applications close Friday 03 December 2021, we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date. Therefore, please do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be eligible for this position.
For further inquiries please contact Angela Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Housing and Urban Development|
|Position type:||Full Time - Permanent|
|Attachment:||PD - Finance Business Partner Jul21.docx (Word, 241KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.