Supervisor, Contact Centre at NZ Qualifications Authority, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Contact Centre Supervisor – Permanent
NZQA is searching for an experienced Supervisor for our Omni-channel Contact Centre (phone, email, chat, chatbot and other digital channels).
Whakatairangatia ngā kete o te mātauranga ki te ao mārama! E te tai whakarunga, e te tai whakararo – nau piki mai, nau kake mai ki te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa.
May the baskets of knowledge (education) be brought into the world of light. We welcome one and all to join us at the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
About the role
The position is accountable for ensuring an effective front-line operation for customer contact with NZQA. The Supervisor will manage the day-to-day workforce management, monitoring and training whilst supporting team wellbeing and a building a positive team culture. The role will lead a number of contact centre operators who support NZQA's customers across various engagement channels.
Skills and experience
You should tick off as many requirements as possible below:
- Strong operational focus and ability to manage operational staff
- Strong customer focus and customer empathy
- Absolute focus on equity when engaging with customers
- Strong influencer with high resilience and perseverance
- Proven success in recruiting, developing, leading and retaining staff
- Ability to manage resource requirements to cover variable workloads and maintain best practice
- Ability to coordinate several simultaneous work streams
- Skilled in problem resolution with internal and external customers
- Proven high quality oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of te ao Māori would be an advantage and a demonstrated commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
Significant relevant experience
NZQA is accountable for managing the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, administering the secondary school assessment system, independent quality assurance of non-university education providers, qualifications recognition and standard setting for some specified unit standards.
NZQA is a te reo Māori learning organisation and is committed to equity and lifelong learning. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds that will enrich our understanding of the education system. We prioritise the importance of understanding tikanga in building a culturally responsive workplace. NZQA is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment to Māori and Pacific staff and has active Māori and Pacific staff networks which contribute to NZQA's strategic action plans - Te Kōkiritanga and Takiala Pasifika.
What we can offer:
- A supportive team / whanau environment
- A role with lots of variety
- Development and career progression opportunities
- To find out more click here NZQA Staff Benefits
For more information about this role and NZQA please refer to the job description, NZQA's Customer Charter and Organisational Values. If you are applying/viewing through Seek, please click ‘apply now' to access these links.
If you would like to discuss further, please call Rachael Tully on (04) 463 3023.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 6 October 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Qualifications Authority|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||Supervisor Contact Centre JD - July 2022.pdf (PDF, 647KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.