Senior Business Analyst Capability Lead at NZ Qualifications Authority, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Business Analyst, Capability Lead – Permanent
Discover a career with purpose at NZQA:
- Join our team and surround yourself with passionate people who are shaping the next generations.
- Shape the direction of ICT business analysis.
- Work in a complex and dynamic ICT environment, with an exciting, fast-paced pipeline of work
- Wellington based, permanent position.
Whakatairangatia ngā kete o te mātauranga ki te ao mārama! E te tai whakarunga, e te tai whakararo – nau piki mai, nau kake mai ki te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa.
May the baskets of knowledge (education) be brought into the world of light. We welcome one and all to join us at the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Application Development and Delivery this specialist position has the purpose of shaping the NZQA IS Business Analyst practice. You will drive the practice forward but also be able to understand and analyse complex product requirements, with the ability to translate these to a team of developers and testers. You will be able to facilitate and lead refinement practices, as well as having excellent stakeholder and engagement skills.
About the team:
NZQA is an intelligence led organisation with a passion to delivering quality products to our clients. The NZQA IS team are committed to helping the Business and our end clients, providing real value to NZQA education users. We are passionate about Cloud technology, Agile, DecSecOps and Cybersecurity.
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience in business or system analysis and project management in a comparably complex and sizable environment.
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills across all levels of an organisation, at both a general business level and technical level.
- A proven track record of experience and achievement in managing a Business Analysis team, and / or experience as a Senior Business Analyst.
- A sound understanding of Business Analysis methodologies and approaches including business transformation, user requirements, use-case analysis and systems impacts analysis.
- Successful experience in analysing business requirements from different user groups and making connections across groups as part of developing options.
- Ability to influence projects to ensure optimal outcomes.
- in implementing and maintaining quality assurance standards and mechanisms.
- preparing requirements for supply to vendors.
- coaching and mentoring others in the technical aspects of business analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- produce high-quality documentation for a wide range of audiences and purposes.
- build strong working relationships with internal clients.
- create an environment focused on continuous improvement and committed to the organisation's goals, values and directions.
- identify and effectively manage risks to minimise impact on desired outcomes.
A qualification at level 7 of the New Zealand Qualifications Framework in either Business or Information Management, or equivalent experience in a similar role.
NZQA is a te reo Māori learning organisation and is committed to equity and lifelong learning. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds that will enrich our understanding of the education system. We prioritise the importance of understanding tikanga in building a culturally responsive workplace. NZQA is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment to Māori and Pacific staff and has active Māori and Pacific staff networks which contribute to NZQA's strategic action plans - Te Kōkiritanga and Takiala Pasifika.
What we can offer:
- A supportive team / whanau environment
- A role with lots of variety
- Development and career progression opportunities
- To find out more click here NZQA Staff Benefits
For more information about this role and NZQA please refer to the job description, NZQA's Customer Charter and Organisational Values. If you are applying/viewing through Seek, please click ‘apply now' to access these links.
If you would like to discuss further, please call John Berry on 021 862 514.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 6 October 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Qualifications Authority|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Senior Business Analyst Capability Lead - JD Sept 2022.pdf (PDF, 481KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.