Product Owner at NZ Qualifications Authority, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Product Owner – Fixed Term
Are you looking for an exciting challenge and to grow and expand your skills? Are you passionate about providing customers the best possible experience? We want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone who is customer focused, has digital experience, and is as excited about our vision as we are.
Whakatairangatia ngā kete o te mātauranga ki te ao mārama! E te tai whakarunga, e te tai whakararo – nau piki mai, nau kake mai ki te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa.
May the baskets of knowledge (education) be brought into the world of light. We welcome one and all to join us at the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to provide high quality subject matter (digital channel) and product ownership expertise to NZQA's Customer Experience Improvement Programme (CxIP) that is aimed at transforming NZQA's logged-in services.
It's an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to reinvent the digital experience and services we offer our customers. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work. We value work/life balance and are committed to everyone's well-being. We are open to flexible working arrangements.
- Providing best practice guidance and advice on digital experience.
- Work on an exciting programme of work that will reinvent the digital experience and services we provide our customers.
- Exciting new team.
- Fixed term based in Wellington.
Skills and experience
You are someone who is passionate about bringing ideas to life, you have a passion for creating digital experiences that solve customer problems. Working as part of this new team, you'll offer:
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 2 or more years.
- Good awareness of Agile principles and practices Demonstrated experience in online content creation for websites and social media, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate digital and social media strategies, standards, policies, processes and procedures.
- Practical experience Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including writing, editing and proof reading.
- Knowledge of web content best practices, including writing for the web, plain language, search engine optimisation, and accessibility.
- An understanding of user experience (UX) principles and best practices.
- Experience in using website analytics to make actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills – able to handle multiple competing projects.
- Proven ability to quickly establish and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to coach and mentor users in best practice techniques in digital design.
- Up-to-date with latest digital trends, techniques and technologies, with the ability to identify how these can be leveraged in order to improve efficiency, quality and consistency.
NZQA is a te reo Māori learning organisation and is committed to equity and lifelong learning. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds that will enrich our understanding of the education system. We prioritise the importance of understanding tikanga in building a culturally responsive workplace. NZQA is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment to Māori and Pacific staff and has active Māori and Pacific staff networks which contribute to NZQA's strategic action plans - Te Kōkiritanga and Takiala Pasifika.
What we can offer:
- A supportive team / whanau environment
- A role with lots of variety
- Development and career progression opportunities
- To find out more click here NZQA Staff Benefits
For more information about this role and NZQA please refer to the job description, NZQA's Customer Charter and Organisational Values. If you are applying/viewing through Seek, please click ‘apply now' to access these links.
If you would like to discuss further, please call Prashant Bakshi on 021 210 2615.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 12 August 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Qualifications Authority|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Full-time|
|Attachment:||Product Owner - Portals JD July 2022.pdf (PDF, 651KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.